1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Austin TX people help.

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by Panda Licker, Jun 19, 2005.

1. I dont know if this thread is allowed or not, and I'm sorry if it isnt. Anyway...

A "friend" of mine on another internet forum has posted this.
    Here is a picture of him playing it http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/bloody_hammer/IMG_0248.jpg

2. Ouch - Sorry to here of that calamity. I'd suggest to him to contact all of the bass/guitar shops there in Austin - there's a number of really good ones there. I'm sure that they'll keep an eye out . . . GC, Pawnshops on the south side . . . I hope he filled out a police report with a serial #. I believe that there is a stolen gear forum here, and there is a website (can't remember it off hand, but do a search here) that you can report stolen gear to . .

Good Luck!
    Mark F. Sanderson

3. There is a stolen gear forum?

Sorry, wasn't aware.

I'd appreciate it if a mod would move this then.

4. greg

greg

Jun 1, 2004
    Austin,Tx
    Um i live in Austin, havent seen it though, ill keep an eye out...
    -Greg

5. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    I would contact John at Bass Emporium and ask him to keep an eye out.

6. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    Ditto on giving BE a call. You might wanna try GC as well, as I know they get in a lot of consignment stuff down that way. May not be as helpful, but you never know. Someone there that day might want to actually help out... ;)

I'm going "bass shopping" in a week or two at BE and GC, so I'll keep a look out. I'd remember that bass.