Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Austin TX people help.

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by Panda Licker, Jun 19, 2005.

1. I dont know if this thread is allowed or not, and I'm sorry if it isnt. Anyway...

A "friend" of mine on another internet forum has posted this.
    Here is a picture of him playing it http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/bloody_hammer/IMG_0248.jpg

2. Ouch - Sorry to here of that calamity. I'd suggest to him to contact all of the bass/guitar shops there in Austin - there's a number of really good ones there. I'm sure that they'll keep an eye out . . . GC, Pawnshops on the south side . . . I hope he filled out a police report with a serial #. I believe that there is a stolen gear forum here, and there is a website (can't remember it off hand, but do a search here) that you can report stolen gear to . .

Good Luck!
    Mark F. Sanderson

3. There is a stolen gear forum?

Sorry, wasn't aware.

I'd appreciate it if a mod would move this then.

4. greg

greg

Jun 1, 2004
    Austin,Tx
    Um i live in Austin, havent seen it though, ill keep an eye out...
    -Greg

5. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    I would contact John at Bass Emporium and ask him to keep an eye out.

6. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    Ditto on giving BE a call. You might wanna try GC as well, as I know they get in a lot of consignment stuff down that way. May not be as helpful, but you never know. Someone there that day might want to actually help out... ;)

I'm going "bass shopping" in a week or two at BE and GC, so I'll keep a look out. I'd remember that bass.