1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Avalon U5

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by waylon79, Sep 5, 2008.

1. I've been using the Avlaon U5 D.I. at my church for the past 5-6 months and I LOVE IT!!!! Just wondering if anyone else has had any experience with one of these?:smug:

2. I bought one recently. Can't wait to get into the studio with it. I'm really enjoying it. Definitely a very high quality piece of equipment.

3. man...it's the main part of my rig. I go bass>avalon>crown macrotech>cab...
    it's the best sounding pre I've come across.

4. batman1

batman1

Sep 14, 2007
    true that. best bass investment i have made. now instead of lugging around and 8 space rack church, i bring my avalon in a two space! love it!

5. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    curious what kinda basses you are running into the Avalon, espcially you guys using live....are you running an active bass w/ preamp?

6. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    I just got one a few months ago. It's phenomenal! :)

7. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I've had 2 and want one again. Great piece of gear. Makes anything sound better.

8. I'm on my second one...................I think I'll keep this one! GAS is a mutha though :meh:

9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    When I first got mine, I ran my bass through it straight to a Mackie SR 1530 PA cab, just for kicks. It sounded bitchen. Superb piece of kit.

10. Babaluma

Babaluma

Nov 10, 2007
    Yokohama
    i bought one recently, use it with a standard jazz bass, sounds phenomenal, run it into a chandler germanium compresssor, out of this world!

11. thebutangjedi

thebutangjedi

Sep 16, 2008
    Wow, I just posted about the u5 in another thread. So far I love mine! I have my bass running into the u5 then to a distressor and out to house. I am now using my own cab just for support on stage. It has really cleaned up the bass sound I think. I'm new at the whole thing so I'm trying to get a great warm sound.

12. pastorchuck

pastorchuck

Sep 17, 2008
    Hey Guys & Gals,

Does anyone have a copy of the U5 manual that they could email to me? I just bought one used without a manual and I can only find the spec sheet online.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Pastor Chuck

chuckbernal@gmail.com

13. cachao is god

cachao is god

Nov 25, 2006
    italy
    I have one, it' s fenomenal
    with all my basses and e.u.b.
    great gear! :D
    I used the U5 with an Urei La4 compressor

My dream rig is Avalon u5 ---> Urei La4 ----> Acoustic image focus Sa ---> Accugroove El Whappo