Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Guest User, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Guest User

Guest User

Apr 3, 2005
    i was told this company is good.
    has anyone ever ordered from Avatar Speakers?

www.avatarspeakers.com

are the reliable speakers? is it worth the money?
    :confused:

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    8 zillion talkbass members own them

type "avatar" into the search function..........................

3. This forum is chock full of Avatar information. I have two of their cabs and I am very happy with them.

They are a great buy. You can't go wrong here. Much better than Hartke VX or Behrringer cabs.

Use the "search" function to get a general idea of what's up. If you have any specific questions regarding Avatar we will be happy to answer them.

4. I too have two cabs and very happy with them

5. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    They are the greatest cabinets ever made and will instantly turn you into [instert idolozed bass player here]. In fact they are so good you no longer NEED a bass or an amp, you simply THINK sounds and the Avatars make them happen.

6. saxybill1

saxybill1 Attorney

Nov 9, 2004
    Virginia
    I don't believe I'd place avatars anywhere near the same arena as behringer or hartke and some ampeg and swr. MHO

7. If Avatars were more expensive there would be no discussion about how good they are. They rival Aguilar, Epifani, Berg, SWR, Eden, and are a fraction of the price. I have a 212 cab and it's the best cab that I've ever owned hands down, and I've owned TOO many in my career as a bassist.

8. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I really want to buy an Avatar cab, but I live in Montreal, Canada. I emailed them and they said that they do not ship to Canada. Does anybody know of any possible way that I can get a new Avatar cab? The only way I can think of is to get it shipped to somebody i know in the US, and then get them to ship it to me. But after all the costs of shipping, I might aswell just buy a big-name speaker brand. Sorry if I'm pulling this thread a little off of subject.

9. Loel

Loel Blazin' Acadian Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2004
    jazin i'm also canadian and got the same response from avatar;so i went whith dr.bass 3way 1260 best cab i've ever played check mark out he ships to canada. drbasscabs.com

10. Jazzin'

Thanks, they seem to be good sofar. But, there isnt alot of information on each cab, n'or is there a picture. Is there anyway I can see pictures of them? I'm interested in a 2x12. I know that the picture isn't the most important thing, but I like to see things.

11. Guest User

Guest User

Apr 3, 2005
    thanks for the information.

i told my mom about avatar and she said that it will be easier to find a cab here.. example, we were at guitar center and she instantly saw a HARTKE bass cab used for 300somethin and wanted to buy. i told her i wanted to check out other cabs first. But thank god the cab was on a policy so i couldnt lay it away.

Another point my brother told me is that, ive never heard these bass cabs/amps , so how would i know how they sounded? if it was the right sound i was looking for? do they have dealers in california? that would be great though

knowing all the positive feedback i know they must be good :bassist:

12. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Make friends with someone in upstate NY or VT, ship it to them then drive down and pick it up.

13. Guest User

Guest User

Apr 3, 2005
    i forgot to add,----

if i were to get this cab B212 ; it will be the best?

will there be any reason to return an hour after i got it?

:bag:

14. If you are only going to use a single cab then the B212 is the best.

I bought a B115H and it had thunderous lowend but the upper mids suffered without the horn.
    I now have JBL E140 15" speakers in two B115H's and now get decent upper mids. The B212 should get very good lowend and great mids.

They have EXCELLENT customer service. Relax...you will love it.

15. Guest User

Guest User

Apr 3, 2005
    thanks im going to try to work something out soon to convince my parents if i can order from there. (im in cali)

:bassist:

16. It is true that you can't try Avatar cabs at a store so you won't know if it has the sound you're looking for. Avatar has a return policy (I forget the length, maybe 14 days) to deal with this. If you look at them from a component aspect it is easy to see what a deal they are. They are constructed of void free 3/4 inch birch ply and have quality Eminence drivers. They handle a ton of power.

17. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    I once ordered a 212 (now sold) but I tried out the cab before I bought it simply by playing through my friend's dad's rig. Try finding someone who has the cabs.

18. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    I live in west Michigan, I might make a trip up to Canada this summer, I suppose I could drop of come cabinets if people are interested :-\

19. Jazzin'

OOOOO!!!! which part of the summer is your trip? Are you passing by montreal?

20. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    I'm not sure yet. The other day my girlfriend and I were just discussing a road trip to Canada. Its nothing official yet, but when/if it does become official, I'll let you know ( have a nice sized SUV too, so I could probably bring up to 3 cabinets up)