1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Awesome stuff for bass players (Vinyl contents)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Alvaro Martín Gómez A., Mar 7, 2013.

1. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

Hi everybody. Thank you in advance for reading.

At first I thought of posting this at the vinyl spinners club thread, but then I thought this could be of general interest. I've just received my copy of Jaco Pastorius' debut LP released on two 45 RPM 12" 180-gram records. Right now I'm listening to it and it's simply awesome. For those of you fellow bassists who love listening to music on vinyl, this album is a must. Here are some pictures:

JacoLP01_zpsd171a575. JacoLP12_zps076bfa7f.

JacoLP02_zps11ed81c2. JacoLP03_zpscd2d50a6.

JacoLP04_zpseccb26c7. JacoLP07_zpsf373f5a5.

JacoLP05_zps296169de. JacoLP06_zps784175ca.

JacoLP08_zps0315528f. JacoLP09_zpsc1403ff8.

JacoLP10_zpsfb96fd1f. JacoLP11_zpsf541c5ce.

The only "bad" thing about it is having to flip records more often than normal, but it's a terrific listening experience anyway. A highly recommended release.

2. Standalone

Standalone

Jan 17, 2005
    New Haven
    Nice. Never listened to any nice 45 12" records like that.

3. White Beard

White Beard

Feb 12, 2013
    It looks to be in pretty good shape, and I as well have never listened to a 12" 45. I'm guessing the idea is higher sound quality because more of the surface area of the groove is being utilized in the same amount of time as a 33 1/3. Kind of like over cranking an old time camera to get slowmo.

4. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Just in case, this is a brand-new record. And I don't get tired of spinning it! :cool: :)

5. Standalone

Standalone

Jan 17, 2005
    New Haven
    I have a brand new needle this month, and am enjoying some of my finest stuff. Don't like to play it when the needle's getting up there in hours.

6. excellent! how much was it?

7. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

More than one audiophile (who tend to be very annoying people in many cases) would throw stones at you for talking about a "needle" instead of a "stylus". ;)

8. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

US$49.49 plus shipping to my country. From Elusive Disc.

9. halfjackson

halfjackson

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston, MA
    Schweet! They make frames for 12" vinyl; I think that I got mine at Target. The inside sleeve of the Word of Mouth album with Jaco playing/composing at the piano is up on the wall in my music room, though I no longer get a chance to listen to any of my vinyl. Oh well...

Enjoyyy!

10. Spatial

Spatial

Oct 30, 2012
    DAMN!!! Nice!!!:)

11. Awsome