Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Axon AX-100 problems

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jonesy4fnk, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Jonesy4fnk

Jonesy4fnk Supporting Member

So my Axon MIDI converter is freaking out...anyone know how to reset it to the factory presets?

I'm not sure what's wrong with it, its just jumping from presets to randomly setting utilities and entering the global function mode. Plus the LED is channeling wierd messages from "beyond" like

@1YRJN3SDX__WY88^52
    ^2B%NC8&HBD--)8DUH9

Good stuff. Hope she's not fried.
    Anyone have any ideas?

2. Hello,
    Yes mine did a similar thing a while back, if it's older than 5 years or so, your battery is going. There is a very special battery required for it and I can't remember where I ordered it from. But the distributor can tell you. If I recall it only took a few days to get the custom order, and some soldering to get it out and the new one in.
    I had the exact same symptoms, now no issues, oh yeah this also does set the neural net back to zero, so take this time to re-setup your pickup or piezo settings once you have the new battery. I was amazed at how a little tweaking yielded much better performance. It's easy to get lazy and just leave the setting and play, but do yourself the favor and do it from scratch, you'll thank me later. :)
    Dirk

3. Jonesy4fnk

Jonesy4fnk Supporting Member

right on....thanks so much for the advice about the battery, that certainly makes sense given I bought it used over 2 years ago and I think the original owner had it for a few years as well.

I hope that solves it, I was dreading the thought of having to buy another unit, those things aren't cheap.

4. No problem,
    If it hadn't happened to me, I would never believed that would be the behaviour of a bad battery.
    I sent you a PM.
    Good luck,
    Dirk