Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

B to C on a five string?????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sandman1278, Dec 24, 2005.

1. i found this bass on ebay and i was kinda confused when i saw this description - mind u this is a 5 string bass

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...3&ssPageName=STRK:MEFM:SI:IT#ebayphotohosting

" This bass also includes a soft case as well as a low B string, a high C string, and a bonus high octave G string (for those who like to mimic the sound of a sitar)"

how does a 5 string have from low B - C and an octave G string? im confused and woulndt an octave G string make one string double coursed??

2. It also has a 'fret'-board(no frets- hmmm...). W/regard to the strings, perhaps it comes w/extra strings. But the sitar reference... :confused: Ask the seller.

3. jazzbo58

jazzbo58 Bassist for My Man Godbey Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2001
    New Orleans, LA USA
    He said it was fretless. I would think the strings he mentions are spares so you can configure it with either a low B or a high C or a octave high double G.

Geez!

Jim

4. steve21

steve21 Banned

It can be strung BEADG, EADGC, or EADGg

5. fender_mod

fender_mod

Jun 23, 2005
    maybe when he says it "comes" with those strings it really "comes with those strings" meaning it could be strung any way but hes selling it with those strings off the bass and you can just change them as you please.just a thought

6. +1

+1

+1

Looks like I'm playing Super Mario Bros.

-ryan-

7. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast

Jul 16, 2005
    Syracuse, NY
    I think it means it comes with a B, a C and a high G (F is more probable) for tuning BEADG, EADGC, ADGCF(G)

8. I believe that "positions" is the operative term here...

Pretty self-explainatory...

..."also includes"... not meaning that it's strung with them...

Granted this guy is a bit short on "bass-smart" terminology, but if you're that confused; "ask the seller a question". ;)

9. o i see, seems so obvious now :p