1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

B2r Rig Question

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by ChasesRiots, Mar 6, 2013.

1. ChasesRiots

ChasesRiots

Mar 6, 2013
    I have a Ampeg B2r head running into 2 410 cabs.

My rack currently goes bass - wireless(line 6 g50) - Sabine Tuner - B2r - Cab

I have a Crown XLS1500, a BBE Sonix Max and the SansAmp RBI

My question is where do they fit into the chain? I am new to the rack idea.
    Would it make any sense to run it like this

Wireless < Tuner < BBE < Sansamp < B2r (front input) < Poweramp < Cabs

2. odineye

odineye

Dec 29, 2011
    Bear DE
    To really make use of the RBI, your best bet is to get an A/B box so you can switch between it and the pre amp on the Ampeg. Otherwise, you're running a full pre-amp section through a second full pre-amp section, and things get get pretty ugly pretty quick. If you have the manual, the hookup diagrams on page 13 will lay it out for you. Just in case you don't, here it is.

http://www.tech21nyc.com/support/manuals/sansamp/RBI-OM.pdf

Is the BBE the rack-mount version? If it is then it's the last thing in line before the power amp. If it's the pedal version, I'd suggest looking into the rack-mount. Knowing what the BBE process is, I've never understood the pedal version myself. Way to far up the chain to do it's job correctly.

Seeing what you've spent on gear already, it's worth looking into both a good foot-switchable A/B box and the rack-mounted BBE and doing it right.

So;

Wireless > Tuner > RBI,Ampeg pre-amp,A/B box set up > BBE (rack-mount!) > Power amp > Cabs