1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bach Instrument Bass - Does anybody here have one?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by _sky_, Apr 25, 2016.

1. _sky_

_sky_

Jan 8, 2012
    Portugal
  2. Mike A

Mike A

Oct 3, 2002
    Kentucky
    Ask about them here: Thunderbird Club.

A few Thunderbird Club members have BaCH Non Reverse Tbirds and seem to like them quite well.

3. Qlanq

Qlanq

Jul 9, 2007
    Swansea
    I got one. Then I got another one.
    Two "Riverboat" basses. Love them.
    This guy also sells them:
    Home page
    The Fenderbird has had me looking at my bank balance for quite some time.

4. _sky_

_sky_

Jan 8, 2012
    Portugal
    Thanks for the replies!

Guess there isn´t many users with baCH bass.

5. godofthunder59

godofthunder59 God of Thunder and Rock and Roll Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Rochester NY USA
    Endorsing Cataldo Basses, Whirlwind products, Thunderbucker pickups
    I have three of the NRs. All very nice basses and much closer to the real thing than Gibsons 2013. They have quirks, wavy finishs, fIle marks on the fingerboards but I can forgive much because they really nail the NR feel. The Bach's are front row first three left to right. 20160423_092228.

rodl2005 likes this.
  6. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    BaCH basses are assembled in the Czech Republic from (apparently) China-made necks/bodies and Korean hardware. Overall quality is quite viable, similar to the Rondo imports in the US. The fret job on my BPB-60-5 was satisfactory, as was the finish. Pickups are by Artec, and do the job without being anything to write home about. No shielding in the control cavity, though, and the pots/jack are simple, low-cost parts, so start there if you want to upgrade something. - One thing about BaCH's modus operandi is that they'll do a run of a particular model/configuration, and when that's sold out there's no guarantee they'll be offering it in the future. Prices have been creeping up with later models, but the basic Fender-like styles are still a good deal, especially if you're in the EU.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  7. _sky_

_sky_

Jan 8, 2012
    Portugal
    Thanks for the feedback!

8. Basvarken

Basvarken Commercial User

Dec 3, 2010
    Velp Rockcity
    Luthier / Gibson Bass Book
    That is different information than I have. And I have been doing business with BaCH for more than 8 years now.
    The semi acoustic guitars and basses have bodies that come from China or Korea. The necks are joined in the Czech Republic and then the instruments are finished in the colour of choice.
    But I don't know of any other models that are merely assembled.

9. _sky_

_sky_

Jan 8, 2012
    Portugal
    Hello,

I´ve got a Bach bass. It's a five string bass and I like it very much!

The Body appears to be solid and in the future it can be a excelent base for upgrades!

The sound is also good. Way better than I expected

10. HaphAsSard

HaphAsSard

Dec 1, 2013
    Italia
    Pictures, please! :)

11. _sky_

_sky_

Jan 8, 2012
    Portugal
    Sorry for the delay! Here are some pics.

Attached Files:

12. ThudThudThud

ThudThudThud

Jun 4, 2010
    Looks a lot like a Peavey Grind!

13. HaphAsSard

HaphAsSard

Dec 1, 2013
    Italia
    Ooh, pretty (and Grind-like as @ThudThudThud here points out)... Couple questions if you don't mind:
    - what's the exact model?
    - could you tell me the nut width? Now, if I can abuse your patience, I'm also curious about the width at 12th and 19th frets, and the string spacing at the bridge (B to G, no need for it to be string center to center, just a rough idea). Thanks in advance! ^^'

14. _sky_

_sky_

Jan 8, 2012
    Portugal
    I will try to give that information.

For now, the only I can give is that the bass I own is the older version of this bass (BaCH-5MG)

HaphAsSard likes this.
  15. kkaarrll

kkaarrll

Jun 1, 2014
    does anyone have their semi hollow body?