Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bag End?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jbassbob, Oct 15, 2005.

1. jbassbob

jbassbob

Mar 21, 2005
    Boise ID
    Hi all. I've been looking for an S15-d and have noticed all the major sellers online no longer carry Bag End. Anyone know what's up with that? Thanks.

2. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
  3. jbassbob

jbassbob

Mar 21, 2005
    Boise ID

Thanks. I'm looking to add another to the one I have. I just found it strange that many retailers who were selling them are discontinuing them or no longer stocking them. Maybe Bag end is coming out with a new line.

4. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Hard to tell, their web page is so out of date they don't even show some of the models that have been for sale the last two years. Great cabs btw I used to own two. I just like the aggies better.

5. lowphatbass

lowphatbass ****

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    I see that you are in SJ. Go down to G. Showcase and visit the folks upstairs in Pro Audio. I recently got that cab there for a very competitive price! You will be paying tax and waiting a week to ten days but you can do business face to face and will eventually walk-out with what you want.

6. jbassbob

jbassbob

Mar 21, 2005
    Boise ID

Thanks, I didn't know they handled BE. :hyper:

7. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    hmm.. sounds like warwick...

8. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Seems like Bag End cabs are out of 'fashion' these days... :rolleyes:

9. jbassbob

jbassbob

Mar 21, 2005
    Boise ID
    Yeah, you don't see much talk about them these days. I like the sound and size.

Hey, I grew up in "North" Sewercuse. :p We used to call it the 'armpit" of NY. After 25 yrs, I do miss the place.

10. BurningSkies

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY

Some things are better than they were, some things are worse...but it mostly remains the same...I live in the University area and work for the school.

Of course it IS damn cheap to live here. You wouldn't believe what I pay for a 3 bedroom apartment.

11. peterpalmieri

peterpalmieri Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Babylon, NY

I love the cabs and would welcome them to be out of favor makes for better used deals for me!

Check out Ebay there are always S15s on there

12. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    I've actually been contemplateing getting a Bag End cab for some time, but I havn't found a place in Sacramento that carries em...

13. jbassbob

jbassbob

Mar 21, 2005
    Boise ID
    Ebay's where I gotmine. Decent deal but, I forgot inquire about the environment it was used in. Sounded great, smelled bad. :spit: Only problem with carpeted cabs. I did find great a product to get the stink out. :)

I'd like to get a fresh one next time. Used they go for around $300 and new around $370. Both plus shipping unless you can get it local. I'd pay an extra $70 for no stink ;)

I have an Ampeg b100r but, my bass just seemed to lack something thru it. I wanted something small and I wanted to keep a bit of the old school sound, I like to play the Blues, so I thought I'd try a used GK 400RBIII and the BE S15-D. I was amazed at the musical quality. Sometimes I'd like to get a bit more volume and I hear that two of these together are great.

14. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Not really. In fact IME they seem to move faster now on the used market than before. I have a couple and gig with my coax 15 every week.

15. jbassbob

jbassbob

Mar 21, 2005
    Boise ID
    I've got a sister in Fayetteville and one in Buffalo. I get back from time to time. We sold the house we grew up in a few years ago after my dad passed away for 67K. Here in San Jose that house would have sold for about 700K. :rollno: And California produce always tastes better there than here... what's up with that? It must ripen on the truck just a bit more. :D

16. Headroom

Headroom

Apr 5, 2002
    Good Lord Brad, you've averaged nearly 10 posts a day for the past 5 years!

Anyway, BE15s are a fantastic value and impervious to fashion trends.

17. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Yeah, that might amount to about ten minutes a day that I was on the computer anyway. This post might've taken all of 30 seconds;)

If only I'd chosen pron instead.

Hmmm...
    :eyebrow:
    :hyper:

18. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Bag End is good stuff. The fact that it isn't 'the flavor of the month' makes it a good buy on the used market.

19. BurningSkies

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Agreed.

I just think you see less shops carrying it right now because people have been buying any number of other high quality cabs these days.