Band’s first EP is up!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by PennyroyalWe, Jan 17, 2019.

1. PennyroyalWe

PennyroyalWe

Sep 2, 2018
    Oregon
    I’d been trying to get a band together to play some songs I’ve written for a little over a year, and over the last few months things really started to fall into place. After months of practicing and lineup changes, now the hard work has paid off by our first EP being put online tonight! It’s my first project being the bandleader, guitarist, singer, and songwriter. It’s also my first time letting someone else play bass on any of my songs, (that was actually easier than I thought it would be), and our bassist is a really cool dude. He actually did basically all the producing/engineering on this album! Anyway, if you find the time and feel up to it, give it a listen and let me know what you think!
    Pennyroyal We, by Pennyroyal We

BassCliff, Joebarnes and mikewalker like this.
  2. crguti

crguti

Feb 14, 2011
    Scandinavia
    sorry dude, but I can barely hear the snare and the cymbals are way to loud. The amp's hiss in 'don't Come Around' is distracting too.
    In the other hand, I like your playing and singing ;)

PennyroyalWe likes this.
  3. PennyroyalWe

PennyroyalWe

Sep 2, 2018
    Oregon
    It’s definitely far from perfect or “pro” level, I’ll have to keep these things in mind next time we hit the studio. All the drums were picked up only with the overheads (except the bass drum), so to get the snare louder the cymbals got louder too :/ . As for the hiss, maybe a noise gate would clean that up?

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021