Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BAND LOOKING FOR A VERY SPECIAL BASS PLAYER

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by aletheian, Feb 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. We are a nationally touring Christian progressive melodic tech-death metal band looking for a new bass player. If you are serious and available, we are holding auditions now. We need someone with experience who knows the genre and can bring something new to the table. if you are into Death, Sprial Architect, Cynic, Extol, Spastic Ink, Emperor etc, have incredible chops, know your theory, can tour, and have no problem playing songs with dozens of time-signature changes, please contact me at alex@aletheian.com.

Alex

2. Radio Kaos 64

Radio Kaos 64

Oct 15, 2003

Please, tell me you are kidding.

3. Electricmayhem

Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    NH
    Sorry I won't be available, but...

Could you explain what a Christian progressive melodic tech-death metal band would sound like?

4. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Maybe The Statler Brothers on meth and smack with Marshall stacks????

[​IMG]

5. I know, I know, 'Christian' and 'Death metal' sounds like quite a diametrically opposed little philisophical conundrum, but if you take 'death metal' as a genre description and not a subject matter description, then it makes sense. That is why the title is 'particular' bass player. After all, if you think about it that way 'Classical' music was not written about the golden age of Greece, nor does 'industrial' have anything to do with factory workers nor 'jungle' have anything to do with rainforests. Anyway, here is the link: www.hxcmp3.com/aletheian.

Thanx

6. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Um, uh, er, uh.

I uh,

Dunno.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.