Band problems (RANT...KIND OF)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by StandYourGround, Mar 29, 2005.

1. So last summer my band lost our drummer. Just up and quit after a couple shows, a week before our biggest show yet. Ever since then we've had minimal luck in replacing him (had someone for a while, but it didn't work out). Anyways, someone finally got in touch with us and said they'd be interested in playing with us. HOORAY!! But just before we even get a chance to have him audition my guitarist hurts his finger fooling around with someone. I guess he ended up ripping a tendon or injuring it somehow and needs to go into surgery on it very soon before permanent damage is done. So on Thursday there will be no more of my band practicing for 3 months. THREE WHOLE MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean c'mon. This guitarist is my best friend, and we've been jamming together for years now so I can't really just go out and get another band and forget about him. I think I might start a little side project or something but then when my other guitarist is healed I don't know what I'll do. 2 bands will be tough to manage because I've already got so much taking up my time. Who knows? I'll stop whining now

(didn't mean for so much of a rant when I titled this, but s*** happens)
  2. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    So get another guitar player, keep the band going, and when you're friend can play again, bring him back in.

If only more problems were that simple to fix. :rolleyes:
  3. RLT

Jul 10, 2004
    South Central OH
    Or find someone who plays more then one insturment? He could fill for the guitar while he's out then go to another of the things he plays. Improve your sound and have a multi function person at the same time. Or even a singing guitarist.

Look at the options there's always another way to do things.