1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bar Rig...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Scott Waldy, Aug 14, 2007.

1. I have looked at both "Show Your Rig Off" threads. Very nice pics. I now have LOTS of wallpaper. :D

I am curious as to those of you with those really nice rigs, do you actually gig in bars with them? I know it is a stoopid question but, all that smoke, spilt beer, cigarette burns? If I had a rig as nice as some of those, they would NEVER see the inside of a bar, tour - yea sure, but a smokey bar nope. :scowl:

So I guess my question is you have a seperate bar rig just for those shows? :confused:

2. I dunno which ppl or RIG's rather, U mean as REALLY NICE. My rig I think is REALLY nice-Fender 300PRO or Ampeg V4BH into a Bergantino NV610 & yes I use it 4 pub gigs whenever we have 'em. Good thing here is- all pubs are SMOKE - FREE now!!!! Even tho I do smoke-a li'l ... It's nice not having stinking gear! :)

3. Danm

Danm

Sep 24, 2003
    Canberra Australia
    Same here rod!!!!!

4. Jeff A

Jeff A

Oct 22, 2005
    CT
    Same in CT - smoke free. :) I was one of the happy ones when that law passed.

The only beer I need to worry about is mine and that goes on the floor, off to the side, where no one can walk through.

No special "Bar" rig required.

5. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    my cabs grill is scratched up. but i coloured it in with a sharpie. And it has a big stain, but its on the back. And my rack bag is beat up with broken zips and gaffa tape. but my thunderfunk inside is perfect :)

6. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Smoke free here, too!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

7. leftymike

leftymike

Sep 23, 2006
    Austin Tejas
    I don't think there's a rig around that shouldn't be played out. Why do you buy the stuff?!. I can't imagine owning anything that I wouldn't play out with. A "tour" can be harder on your gear than the local pub/club gig.

8. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    I use the same rig no matter where I play. It's mine and that's why I bought it! Not to sit at home and get no use...

9. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    This is all you need to control spilled beer. It is a mis stand with a bike water holder clipped to it using hose clamps. It works great!!! Also, buy covers and or cases for everything. If they dont have a cover for your speaker cab...........have one made. I wont gig with a cab unless I have a cover for it. Protect your investment!!

10. I LOVE IT!!!! :hyper:

AS for not being able to smoke in the bar, that law hasn't passed. I am a non-smoker and having my gear saturated with smoke concerns me greatly. :meh: