Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Barbetta Amps?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by RShew, Mar 29, 2004.

1. RShew

RShew

Mar 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I am in the "forever looking for my sound" state of mind right now and looking at my options. I don't have a ton of money, would like to add a mic to my current set-up and need more power than what I have right now. I was surfing around and found these amps and have not heard a thing about them.

http://www.barbetta.com/Live/Sona_41/sona_41.html

Does anybody have experience with them? They are interesting in the fact that they are powerful, light, and have multiple channels (far adding a mic to the bass). Any thoughts? Right now I have a GK MB combo and a Realist. I am thinking about either trying out a series of new amps (the Barbetta included) or buying a mic and sending the mic signal to the house while keeping the GK for stage volume. I am looking at spending no more than $1000 and would like an arrangement that will keep me smiling (and swinging) for a wide variety of gigs. Thanks for all the help.

2. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
    I have 2 of the Sona 32's I bought for my daughter's keyboard rig. Sounds great for her keyboard, but forget about it for bass.

3. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    I've played through them on occasion in a pinch, and I found them to be a little light on the bass as well. They sound good for keyboards.

4. The Acoustic Image Coda is a combo amp that has two channels, one each for mic and instrument. Its priced at just under $1000, and is similar to your GK in size and weight.

I have its one-channel brother, the Contra, and I am very pleased with it.