1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bartolini MM PU

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by jakhazell, Apr 17, 2010.

1. jakhazell

jakhazell

Apr 17, 2010
    Hey guys, Im in the process of buying parts for the bass guitar that im building. Im thinking of buying this pickup, "http://luthierssupplies.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=1044", and I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how to wire it up and what other electronic parts i'll need.
    Thanks

2. jakhazell

jakhazell

Apr 17, 2010
    I was also wondering if and how i would wire two jazz style pickups as well as the MM style in the middle between the neck and bridge pups.

3. Kalango

Kalango

May 9, 2005
    Brazil
    You can wire it in a number of ways. The most obvious two I can think of:
    -Three independent volume pots, with an optional switch for the MM pickup, and a tone pot;
    -or you can use a HSS diagram for guitar (Seymour Duncan has them all) if you intend to use each pickup in a on or off position but not in the middle.
    Hope this helps.

4. jakhazell

jakhazell

Apr 17, 2010
    Hi again Ive got another question, are these pups active or passive and if they are active what else do i need to wire them up?
    Thanks
    Jak

5. They're passive.