1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Barts replacement in Roscoe LG3005

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by ksukev, Dec 21, 2016.

1. ksukev

ksukev Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Kansas
    Hey, guys, I looking to shake up my tone a bit and contemplating a drop-in pickup replacement in my Roscoe LG3005. Any ideas? Appreciate you guys' boundless knowledge.

2. Well....what do you like and not like about what you have now, and how would you like that to change? Also, just to make sure we're on the same page - what pickups are in the bass now, the stock custom-wound Bartolini, or something else?

I'm definitely happy to help out if possible, and I might have a bit of insight on the various options available to you. :ninja:

3. ksukev

ksukev Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Kansas
    Hey, Gard! Yeah, man, I've got #5511 with the custom wound Bart's with the Bart pre. I'm looking for something with a bigger low end but still want the crisp highs. I run a TC Electronic rig and have a little Ibanez bean bass that sounds like a million bucks through it but can't replicate that sound with my Roscoe for some reason. It's not that I hate the sound of my LG, just felt like fiddling a bit if I find the funds. Any help would be appreciated, man!