1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass and Violin Duets

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by Basskimo, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Basskimo

Basskimo

Mar 6, 2009
    I need a list or some names of (good) intermediate bass and violin duets. Also where to get them if you can. Any one?

2. You probably won't be able to find many decent ones. Bass and Violins aren't typically paired together for duets, just because of the vast difference in sounds. If you can find any, kudos to you.

3. neilG

neilG

Jun 15, 2003
    Ventura, CA
    There are a number of good pieces written for bass and violin, but I would't characterize them as intermediate. I would look to duos for cello and violin instead. Any baroque sonata could be played as a duet also.

4. There are also the Liben Music (Frank Proto) duo arrangements of works by Bach, Beethoven, and Gliere (all in different volumes.) I believe each also comes with a viola part, so they can be performed in that combination as well.

But I'm also interested to hear about more original Violin and Bass duos--any level . . .as long as it's good music.

-Jeremy

5. Anon2962

Anon2962

Aug 4, 2004
    The Gliere Duets (orginally for violin and viola or violin/cello) have been transcribed by Proto (although i'd recommend getting an original violin/cello edition too - Proto's edition changes stuff around and doesn't show which notes have been changed by the editor). The Duets are really very nice. There's the Bottesini Duo too of course, which is a monster.

6. neilG

neilG

Jun 15, 2003
    Ventura, CA
  7. A Spotless Mind

A Spotless Mind

Aug 18, 2009
    Concert Duo by Edgar Meyer!