1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass Balls location?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Scumjunker, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Scumjunker

Scumjunker

Mar 28, 2018
    Where would the most logical place for a bass balls in a chain order. I'd assume before everything like a wah mainly for its nature of changing to dynamics.

2. BassBrass

BassBrass

Jul 6, 2009
    Boston MA
    Second if you have an octave, third if also after overdrive although trying the opposite of anything can be interesting. Definitely before modulation and time effects. Compression after envelopes also unless you are a compressor first person.

3. gfen

gfen

Aug 21, 2014
    lehigh valley
    stayed at a holiday inn, once...
    It went first up for me, I didn’t care for it’s sound after dirt (even into more dirt, which I do it’s wah and an envelope). It also inverts phase, which precludes its use in a parallel loop.

4. EHX BassBalls is enigmatic because it can really go before or after drive pedals, I like having at least an overdrive before the BB. You do have to be careful as @gfen mentioned because like some fuzzes it does invert phase so it does not work well if you are running parallel or blended loops. You really have to check each fuzz to be sure they work together I find that a lot of octave fuzzes have issue with the BB like the BrassMaster.

5. gfen

gfen

Aug 21, 2014
    lehigh valley
    stayed at a holiday inn, once...
    Upon thinking more, I seem to remember it inverts phase if you just use the filter, but I think if you use the filter and the distortion, they both invert phase so... you're back to normal.

I may be wrong. It definitely inverts with just the filters, though, because that's how I wanted to use it.

6. You are correct but not every one digs the fuzz in the BB, I do but it is such a specific sound. It is one of the things that changes if you add the external trim pot mod or the thing that differentiated the BB from the Mooer Sweeper or the Rocktron Heart Attack or Reaction Dynamic Filter is the fuzz voicing.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 23, 2021