1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

bass big muff deluxe crossover

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Amir Nehmad, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Hi, i bought the bbmd a few days ago and it's a great fuzz and sounds awsome but I couldn't understand how to use the crossover and what the filters do, the manual also didnt help me... can anyone explain it to me simply?

2. LazyGecko

LazyGecko

Nov 19, 2013
    I'm not an expert by any means but I believe that the crossover activates the LPF and HPF (filters) which act as a sort of bass cut/boost (LPF) and treble cut/boost (HPF)

3. Mastodude

Mastodude

Feb 6, 2011
    I think it's the other way around, LazyGecko. Lo-pass filter means that the low frequencies "pass" through while the higher frequencies are attenuated, and vice versa for HPF's.

The LPF cuts the highs from the blended clean tone. Try putting the blend at 0% and playing with the LPF knob to hear the difference. One application of this is to cut your transient attack (the plucky/clicky noises you make when you play) from your clean signal so you get your original bottom end with only the top end of the distorted signal.

The HPF cuts lows from the dirty signal, the effect of which is best heard with Blend at 100%. It's a bit stranger of an effect and can help you get different harmonic content out of your distortion.

When I had my DBBM, I only really used the LPF and left the HPF alone as I liked the regular distortion tone.

4. LazyGecko

LazyGecko

Nov 19, 2013
    Yeah I just caught that.