Bass Cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Paintballer, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Paintballer

Feb 2, 2005
    Hey, I'm looking for a new bass cab and I'm in need of some suggestions. Either a 210 or 410 cab $3-400, I'm gonna be playing punk and hardcore, I'm not sure which one though. I need some suggestions, I'm thinking either Dr. Bass cab, Avatar, or my local shop is selling a Trace Elliot 410 for 375, But I'm open to anything? Suggestions and opinions would be appreciated.
  2. LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    what are you powering the cab with?
  3. Masher88

Masher88 Believe in absurdities and you commit atrocities

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Grab up the Trace Elliott Cab. That sounds like a good deal if it's in good condition and you like the sound! keep in mind what you are powering it with and if it can handle the wattage
  4. I used a peavey 410 by itself for long enough going for the same sort of sound, playing anything from Bad Religion to Sick of it All, it really dosent matter too much, but most punk and hardcore bands use ampeg, and with good reason, fits the music perfectly (yeah, ampeg cab shall be my next step at some point)
  5. FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    I've heard avatar's are really quite good for the money.

6. Paintballer

Feb 2, 2005
    It's gonna be powered by either a behringer BX4500, GK backline 600 or similar $2-400 head. Eventually I want to upgrade to something bigger, maybe one of the Groove Bass head or something more powerful.
  7. If I was you I would what and try and find a more high power used head. check or the classifieds here
  8. LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    So your shopping for a cab and head and your limit is 800 total. For that price the ashdown 300H an B212 Neo from avatar would be a great rig for $629 shipping included, And you wouldn't need to necissarily "upgrade" in the future. If not that deal, or a similar deal, I'd look at used Fender, Peavey, and Hartke rigs... you should be able to find one of those in your price range