Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass case for two basses?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Eilif, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Eilif

Eilif Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Chicago
    Does anyone know of a case that will fit two electric basses I am looking for a harshell or semiharshell, or softshell with interior supports case that I can fit my 5 string carvin and my jazz bass into. Preferrably it would have backpack straps. I don't really know where to start looking. Please help.
    Karl

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
  3. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    This is my Gator double bag .... holding two 35" scale 6's

[​IMG][​IMG]

I paid about $60.00 in an emergency moment when my InCase dub was ripped off, you can probably find it on line a little cheaper :cool:

4. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    Ed's right about Gator's double bag - at that pricepoint I personally think it kicks the snot out of anything that comes close. A good amount of padding on both the outside and in-between the instruments, both shoulder harness (and the ability to clip-lock yourself in) and hand-loops, several pockets, and best of all a large amount of space for larger-bodied and extended scale basses. That's why it (and Ed ;) ) sold me on it over the Fender - I couldn't find any info regarding the dimensions, and their customer service couldn't help in that regard. :scowl:

$39.99 and any major online dealer will match that price (however, it does qualify for oversized shipping.) I'm tempted to grab another just for the heck of it at that price. :help:

5. sean_w_mcgrath

sean_w_mcgrath does this forum name make me look fat?

6. Dang a ding dong do... what a buy! I just went and got me one! :hyper: :D

7. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    I know this question has been asked before...........
    I think there's a bunch of info on Misc.

But, my pick for the budget double gig bag is
    http://www.music123.com/Baja-Double-Bass-Guitar-Bag-i114888.music

I like it because it has a bunch of compartments to put stuff in. It's pretty well made too. $35, hard to go wrong.

8. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Yeah, that's a pretty decent case for the $$

But, IIRC, it was pretty tight inside .... not sure the big-bodied 6's will fit ........... but I could be very wrong

9. Budbear

Budbear Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2004
    Staten Island, NYC
    "Dang a ding dong do".???
    :confused:

10. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Embellisher uses a double case of some sort for his 12-string and a 6 I think. Allthough the only downside to his is you have to take out the top bass to get to the bottom one. Maybe Jeff can chime in and tell you what he uses.

11. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    I use and love my incase DUB bag, but that doesn't really help unless you can manage to find a used one. It's also one where you can't get to the "bottom" bass without removing the "top" one (pretty much), but that doesn't bother me at all considering the quality and features of the case... including individual neck supports for each compartment, the best combo of soft and semi-hard padding I've ever seen in a "gig bag", and lotsa' great intelligent design stuff...

12. Eilif

Eilif Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Chicago
    ANyone have anymore information on caseslike the DUB or the undercover, or any cases that have interior support. I as a graduation present, my mother-in-law has offered to get me a case and $$ is no object (as long as it's not too much higher than 200 bucks. I want to get the best product I can. Also, it doesn't bother me if I have to take one bass out to get to the other.

13. vic_6

vic_6

Dec 19, 2004
    Manila, Philippines

+2!!! i got mine for $30 over here, used. i think you can fit any sized bass over here. except maybe those ERB's.

14. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    i got a reunion blues double gig bag

cost me 400$

i carry approximateely 9 thousand dollars worth of basses with me. that protection is well worth it. by far the best gig bag available

15. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    I think that's a very valid part of the equation - the value of your instruments, both from a financial POV as well as sentimental value. Believe me, if I owned my "dream team" of Mike Lull Modern 5 fretted and fretlesses, I'd certainly be investing more in the method of transportation. But as my basses, while very nice, are nowhere near that level of cost and one of the more expensive double bags ($200+) is simply overkill.

I'd have more of a change of them getting stolen for the bag than the basses at that point. ;)

...and losing Incase as a bag manufacture was a loss to the marketplace. It seemed as if they were selling a good amount, getting great press in both professional and "personal" reviews as well as word-of-mouth, and a nice "in-between" in terms of price from Gator/Fender to Reunion Blues-types. I wonder if the cost/profit ratio was simply too low?

16. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    I have an update for you... I've been in contact with Incase... their bags will be coming back... it just won't be for a while. That's all I should probably say right now.

17. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    I'd add that the Undercover Double gigbag is an excellent choice. I've compared it to every other GIGBAG (i.e. not the Incase), and it's as good if not better than anything else I've seen - including Reunion Blues (I thought it was BETTER) - for a sale price that is usually around $200. If you're carrying a pair of VERY NICE basses, it's more than worth the investment.

18. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Hey Gard... props, dude... where are these sold?

19. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    One might check with my former employer...

:ninja:

20. sean_w_mcgrath

sean_w_mcgrath does this forum name make me look fat?

basscentral.com has them for $199