Bass Extremes Pics

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Joelc73, Sep 18, 2004.

1. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    For anyone who is interested, here are some shots from the Bass Extremes show here in New York last night. The shots are a bit blurry, but you can probably get the idea. Enjoy!

AJ showed up and simply killed!
  2. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing these pics with us !!

I guess I'll ask because someone will eventually - what make are those speaker cabs that AJ is using? Back in the day when I was in NYC a lot, it seemed he used a different rig every time I saw him.

Looks like he rents stuff, uses whatever is at the club, or simply doesn't care because he can make any amplification system sound great.
  3. bassgeek

Oct 19, 2000
    Asheville, NC
    Nice PICS!!!! What set was that from? I was at the last set last night---killer show. They played about an hour and 45 minutes at least. Incredible performances all around. That's right about AJ-he got up like the Jabba the Hut of bass and laid down then nastiest grooves of the evening.
  4. Joelc73

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    These were from the first set. I completely agree about AJ. As obviously amazing as the other guys are, AJ just commands your attention. And his sound was so thick and complex that you had to take notice!
  5. BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    between last night and these pictures, I'm now craving a Fodera... stop it you guys! :help:
    I can't afford it! :bawl:
  6. brungus

Mar 24, 2004
    the show was amazing, i had to go back tonight. first time i ever heard oteil and i thought he was amazing, he was my favorite of the three. all for the low price of 100$ i got to see them twice, eat some good food. meet victor and steve and get them to sign one of their albums.... now for trying to learn some of oteils stuff. if you have any transcriptions of his stuff, id like to see it.
  7. The cabs are Meyer Sound if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks for the pics, Joel! Wish I could've been there!
  8. Joelc73

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
  9. Bigwig

Dec 27, 2003
    how did vic sound?
  10. BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    I prefered his sound on the Ying Yang more than his other bass, I don't know why, maybe the maple added a bit more snap to his slapping stuff?
  11. I missed the NY show - does anyone know if they are playing elsewhere - is there a tour schedule somewhere (already checked vw's site, google, etc.)??
  12. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA

dont worry, i'll let you *look* at my Imperial 5. ;) hopefully, the Capt will get talkin' to you about us getting together.

yea, me too!

loved the melodic, fluid playing, and while i'm not a scat fan, loved how it followed his amazing lines. highly impressed. enough so, to buy his new CD/DVD, which also has lots of great long shots of his playing in the studio. even a mini bass lesson, as well as head sheets for his songs! well worth picking up.

and thought Vic could REALLY use an all Epifani rig. his tone was really muffled and blurry to me. nothing like his usually clear, hifi, open DI'ed tones i've heard on his DVD's and CD's. a little bummed considering, was expecting to hear good things from the ampeg cabs he and steve help design. :meh:
  13. Little G

Little G

Feb 27, 2003
    How was Oteil? I've never heard him live.
  14. Jaye

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Now granted I have not followed Otiel so I may be WAY behind the loop but isn't he a Modulus endorser? :eyebrow: If so that Fodera may be a thorn in his side. If not when did he switch away from Modulus? :confused:
  15. fiebru1119

Mar 2, 2004
    Orlando, FL

what dvd is this? i've tried searching and cant find anything
  16. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    He's had his Fodera for a while now.

And in answer to Little G's question of how is he...?

17. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    it comes with his CD. its a two disc set.