Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass for Dummies?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by d_squad54, Dec 27, 2005.

1. d_squad54

d_squad54

Dec 2, 2005
    I heard this book actually helps. Doesn anyone have it and/or recomend it?

2. I recommend it. It is a great book. It has a lot of good chapters in theory and standards as well as chapters on cleaning and setting up your bass. Really a must have for a beginner.

3. labgnat

labgnat Banned

Oct 29, 2005
    outta this world
    you defintely want to buy that book. covers a lot of ground, i wish i had bought it first. spent a lot of money on other books that did 1/2 as much for me as this one

4. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I bought it awhile ago...it's fun & makes for good reading in the home 'library'.

5. Zachass

Zachass Peavey Partizan

Great, well rounded book that provides a lot of useful info that you can expand on later in your studies

6. Pruitt

Pruitt

Jun 30, 2005
    Danbury, CT
    It's an excellent all-around book. I've given it as a gift to a number of bassist friends and they all think it's as useful as much as I do. I definitely recommend it. ;)

7. All_¥our_Bass

All_¥our_Bass

Dec 26, 2004
    +1 to everybody

I have it and it is very helpful, has lots of nice scales and such, coveres many different musical genres and has a music cd containing the examples.

8. Yup, I recommend it. It helped me learn the basics quite well. :cool: