1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass Foundation Course - Joe Hubbard

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by BeRad, May 17, 2019.

1. BeRad

BeRad

Mar 13, 2018
    Has anyone been through this yet? If so, how would you describe it to a beginner and would you recommend it?

Thank You,

2. 2000TA46032

2000TA46032

Aug 1, 2018
    Interested too.. got the email about the new course starting..

3. GastonD

GastonD

Nov 18, 2013
    Belgrade, Serbia
    It's badass! If you are ready for the diligent and dedicated work, it is highly recommended.

4. BeRad

BeRad

Mar 13, 2018
    Is it well structured?
    Do I need to be good at reading before starting it?
    Any bits you could share to give a better understanding of what it includes and what it teaches?

5. GastonD

GastonD

Nov 18, 2013
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Very well structured, as you will get weekly lessons with presentation and exercises. He starts with five positions across the neck for each of main chord quality arpeggios and connecting them. Follows by various aspects of functional harmony as applied to bass etc. Joe has a rather unique curriculum, comparing to other online instructors. Also, he does not offer so much material available at once as others do, but it makes it easier to focus on your work and make visible progress. At the very beginning it may seem a bit slow, but things accelerate rather quickly, so you will be challenged to keep up, unless you practice very seriously.
    You do not need to read at all to start with his program, and will probably pick up enough along the way in order to be able and follow it to the end. Still, having some basic reading ability does come in handy.

2000TA46032 and BeRad like this.
  6. BeRad

BeRad

Mar 13, 2018
    Thank you for the great explanation. Joe definitely needs some help with his marketing. Sounds like this program really is what can get me out of my rut.

7. BeRad

BeRad

Mar 13, 2018
    Open for enrollment and I'm still undecided.

8. BeRad

BeRad

Mar 13, 2018
    I registered. Anyone else from TB signing up?

9. GastonD

GastonD

Nov 18, 2013
    Belgrade, Serbia
    I went through his 2-year program, called Bassment back then. I appreciated the experience deeply.

10. tgabor

tgabor

Oct 7, 2003
    Interested, Please forward his contact info for the course. Thank you.

11. BeRad

BeRad

Mar 13, 2018
    Has anyone else signed up or have taken this previously?

12. 2000TA46032

2000TA46032

Aug 1, 2018
    I'm interested to hear your review. I saw Scott's Bass Lessons just put out a similar 26 week accelerator course. Same format as Joe. One lesson a week. I just prefer Joe's teaching style so I'll be taking his foundation course in the future.

13. BeRad

BeRad

Mar 13, 2018
    Anyone else doing this? Starts tomorrow

14. jusca

jusca

Sep 11, 2013
    TX
    anyone currently taking this course? how's it going so far?