Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Guitar Magazine Inteview

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by HunsBassist, Mar 31, 2005.

1. HunsBassist

HunsBassist

Oct 3, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Hey,
    A while ago on Green Day's main site, they advertised an Issue of "Bass Guitar" magazine that had interviews with both Mike Dirnt and Mark Hoppus. Could anyone tell me if this issue has already passed, is the current issue or it has yet to be released. If the issue has already passed, could someone post the interview(s) here? Thank you,
    Matthew O'Donnell of AATH(Check us out at www.aath.net)

2. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    It's the English Bass Guitar magazine, not Guitar World's Bass Guitar magazine. I know it gets confusing :confused: But yeah, it's already been out awhile.....it's a nice magazine, but it's not cheap to subscribe.

3. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Since it's printed every other month, it's still their current issue. Try Borders or Barns and Noble.

4. If its the one with Mike Dirnt on the cover, and review of his sig bass, then I have a copy I can post to you if you want.

But I think it might be the US one, doesn't have an interview with Mark Hoppus IIRC.

5. HunsBassist

HunsBassist

Oct 3, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Well that sucks. I'm a big fan of Green Day and Blink fan. If you have the interviews or anything else that might interest me, it would be great. If not, I'll check the Virgin Megastore at Downtown Disney. They usually have some British Guitar Magazines. Anyway, thanks. You saved me a lot of bookstore searching.

6. I know maybee about 2-3 years ago during the Pop Disaster Tour, there was a little fender booklet that had a few basse sin it. It had an interview with Mike and Mark together, that was interesting. That is the only one i have ever seen.

7. PhatBasstard

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    :eyebrow: :confused: :eyebrow:
    Wrongo.....
    You need new glasses Grasshoppus. He's (Hoppus) right there on the cover (right hand side) with Dirnt....besides having the interview also inside.

8. Yes, wrongo even more.

Turns out its the Total Guitar bass special mag with Mike Dirnt on the cover :bag:

9. PhatBasstard

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Ahhh...... All is forgiven. ;)

10. Here's the link for the English Bass Guitar Magazine with the articles you wanted. It's a great magazine and worth the extra $. In Canada, it usually comes about 2 months after the time it is distributed in England, so it should show up in North America later next month. Here's the link...

http://www.bassguitarmagazine.com/

Hope this helps! :)

11. PhatBasstard

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    North America?!? Canada maybe!
    I've had the issue for over a month now (I'm in Nevada). I subscribe, but I still see it on the newstands that carry it at about the same time. I usually get it within a week of the (new) current issue being shown on their website.

12. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I get mine on time also...........Bassplayer is a whole other matter ;)

13. That is weird! Since it's published bi-monthly, I usually see their previous issue hit the newstands at Chapters Bookstore in Ontario as their new and most recent issue is shown on their website. Usually 2 months then, and sometimes 1 month after publishing do I see it here. I don't subscribe, but maybe I should! Great magazine, pricey...but IMHO it's worth it. I've had no problems receiving 'Bass Player Magazine', and usually have it a few days before it's on the newsstands.

14. I only live 2 hours from the border at Niagara Falls and slightly over an hour from Toronto, so it's not like I'm waiting for the magazine up with the Eskimos! ;) That's why it's so strange why those of you in the US are getting it much sooner. :confused:

15. HunsBassist

HunsBassist

Oct 3, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    So it is distributed in America?