1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bass guitarist from India

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by jazzgoa, Apr 10, 2006.

1. jazzgoa

jazzgoa

Apr 10, 2006
    Colin D'Cruz got into music as a bassplayer with resident bands at some of the finest hotels in India. Ten years of six nights a week gigs, laid the foundation for a long and checkered career that took him through just about every genre of music, collaborating with all kinds of musicians, on assignments all over the world. An open mind, open ears and 'best is yet to come' philosophy keeps him in tune with evolving sounds of music and widens his musical horizons on a continuous basis. Colin may perform several different genres of music, with various ensembles, at any given point of time, but he always finds himself at home with jazz-the most open, alive and evolving form of music.
    Hear sample sounds of Colin's bassplaying at http://www.hullocheck.com

2. jazzgoa (Colin) - listened to every sound track except Mumbai Jumbo (which I really wanted to hear). Bandwidth issues reported in my browser. You really rock on that "bass solo."

Do you ever travel to Pac Coast of US? Can set you up in direct contact with at least one fantastic jazz guitarist and multiple drummers. Aim for Socal if you can manage. I'm in Socal. but (San Francisco) Bay Area is where US Pac Coast innovations seems to originate. Id drive a very long way to hear you and your group, and I suspect 2 of my friends would also. Your description of jazz/indian fusion fascinates.-v