Bass head that is also a practice amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jamie229, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Jamie229

Jamie229

Jun 11, 2021
    Excuse my ignorance, but is there a good bass head that would work for gigging that also has a small built in speaker For practice at home? So buy that and a cab instead of a practice combo and then a gigging combo/rig?

2. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    New England
    I use my gigging head as a DI into my PC speakers (klipsch 2.1 w/subwoofer) approx. $90.00, thru an interface.
    The headphone out is my line in to pc setup.
    Not aware of a gig amp w/small practice speakers.
    Others will chime with more info.

Jamie229 likes this.
  3. abarson

abarson

Nov 6, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    I’ve never seen such a thing as a head with a built in speaker. Any amp head with enough power for a gig would be too much for some tiny internal speaker.
    It sounds like what would make sense is a combo for practice that you can add an external cabinet for gigs.
    Myself, I have a small practice combo and a head+cabinet for gigs. Works for me.

Jamie229 likes this.
  4. devnulljp

devnulljp Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2009
    BC, Canada
    Admin on the D*A*M Forum
    I use my Acoustic Image Coda for practice and gigs. Add an extra cab for big rooms.
    The thing is tiny, sounds great. Not cheap though.

They make other models that the head slides out or that come as a head and a small cab. Phil Jones make a bunch of nice bass amps with arrays of small speakers. Might be worth loking there for a combination that would work for you.

64943726_10214305530340918_5977826587419082752_n.jpg

Coot and Jamie229 like this.
  5. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Just look on Craigslist or pawnshops for a cheap cab.

Jamie229 likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021