Bass id

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Edvin, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Edvin

Edvin

Feb 25, 2010
    Sweden
  2. Looks Germanic, maybe Bohemian or Tyrolean. It's hard to guess how old from that photo, maybe early 1900s?

3. Edvin

Edvin

Feb 25, 2010
    Sweden
    Yeah, i thought about Bohemian!
    Maybe it's worth to bid a couple of hundreds!
    Most likely, i won't lose any money if i'll sell it afterwards.

4. Based on that picture I would raise my max bid to at least $1,000. The belly has suffered some significant damage and questionable repairs, and if the rest is similar it would seem likely that a significant amount of work would be needed to render a stable, good-sounding bass. But the outcome after a restoration (if it's actually necessary) could easily be a fine sounding pizz bass worth several times that amount. That's my guess from the one little picture anyway.

5. Edvin

Edvin

Feb 25, 2010
    Sweden
    I'll be watching the auction closely!
    right now i have the highest bid on $8 and have the maximum at $150. It will probably go way over that, though. We'll see how long i can hold it! The auction ends at 1st of august.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021