Bass + laptop + keyboard + Didgi = good

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Muzique Fann, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Had fun last Friday night. We've been playing this restaurant gig every Friday night for a while now - but we hadn't played in like 3 weeks because of the holidays, etc. So, I bring my fretless and the good old Roland cube30. The guy that plays acoustic guitar and sings always brings his laptop and keyboard toys and towards the end we always go off into some sort of "techno jam". Some super hippy guy came up and said he had a didgi in E in the car and asked if we would mind if he came up and played with us. So we get going with a cool beat from the laptop (Garageband I think) and some keyboard noodling. I put on the octaver and the t-wah and this guy lays into the didgeridoo - and his girlfriend even came up and did some improv. singing/chanting (she grabbed the mic before Toni did) - super cool, everybody was loving it. I can't wait to hear how the recording came out. At first it was a little weird playing with another "bass" instrument, but I just gave him room and tried to add accents and harmonics. I met Toni Childs and she watched our whole second set too. Just thought I'd share...