1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bass lessons in the D/FW area

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Eskimo Spy, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Eskimo Spy

Eskimo Spy Supporting Member

May 27, 2010
    Fort Worth, TX
    I've worked with a couple of great teachers and players in the Dallas/Fort Worth, and they both took me to new heights, but I'm looking for someone new to take the next step.

I'm a solid player with a good understanding of theory, but one can always improve! So, I'm looking for someone to take me from mid to high in terms of my bass theory, and writing more interesting bass lines in the style of John Stirratt from Wilco.

I'm not interested in spending hours sight reading or teachers who focus everything through the lens of jazz at this point, I'm rarely going to employ those skills these days. I just want someone to give me some guidance on the type of music I play now. That said, someone who can teach from charts and improv skills would be fantastic.

Thanks to anyone with a recommendation.

2. Me too! I'd like to find a bass teacher who's also comfortable with keys and arranging. I'm not so solid on technique, but wanting to improve.

3. Eskimo Spy

May 27, 2010
    Fort Worth, TX
    It's too bad you're in Dallas, I would recommend Phillipe Baugh at TCCD otherwise.

4. Kuroth

Kuroth

Dec 2, 2012
    He lives like 5 min from me.. Does he teach Bass Guitar? I checked out his FB page and I see him with a Floor Bass in all his Pics...

5. Eskimo Spy

May 27, 2010
    Fort Worth, TX
    Yes, he teaches electric and upright, and he's a great guy to boot. I simply can't take the time to travel back and forth during the day for lessons through TCC, or I'd still be working with him.

6. Kuroth

Kuroth

Dec 2, 2012
    Is he on this site? I would like to make contact with him.. I sent him a FB invite but he might not accept it since he dont know me..

7. Eskimo Spy

May 27, 2010
    Fort Worth, TX
    I don't think he is on TB. Just tell him an old student referred you.

8. Eskimo Spy

May 27, 2010
    Fort Worth, TX
    As it turns out, Baugh has a slot opening for private lessons, I'll be going back to him. Kuroth, did you contact him as well?