Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Maker

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jaze Bass, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Jaze Bass

Jaze Bass Jaze Bass Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2004
    New York
    I had the opportunity to demo several basses made by Anthony Valenti. This guy is not only a great up and coming bass maker but, a kind and excellent host. I'm aware that he is known on this site. His basses are excellent players and sound great. Being a player himself, gives him the insight as to what determines a great instrument. I was impressed by the workmanship of his instruments. I just had to comment on his instruments. I plan on working with Anthony on an instrument. I suggest you guys do the same.

2. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Always groove.... Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Columbia, Md
    I've seen his website. Probably not a true "builder" in the classic sense as he assembles basses with mostly Warmoth parts. But at least he doesn't try to hide that fact and Warmoth makes parts for other top end manufacturers, so no shame in that. There's a sweet koa topped bass on his site.

Looks like he does nice work. Prices aren't bad either.

3. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Nino Brown, as he is on these boards, is a GREAT fellow and, according to several TB'ers, makes some spectacular instruments. I can't wait for the coming years when he busts out the exotic woods and tools himself and goes to town.

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    His band is pretty kickin' too :bassist:

5. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Been hearing from a few people that his basses are kick ass. In fact, I have exchanged a couple of emails with him in the past couple weeks about getting one myself. ;)

6. Which big names does Warmoth make parts for?

7. RichSnyder

Jun 19, 2003
    Columbia, Md
  8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    The sadowsky thing is a.....eh nvm.

9. FireAarro

FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    austr-
    I think I read something somewhere about Sadowsky using Warmoth necks for replacement or something.

10. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    Please don't start this again....

Do a search on Sadowsky and Warmoth.

Rumor. :rollno:

edit: Sharing that popcorn Ibanks??? Looks like we'll probably be here awhile.

11. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    Valenti Basses are a pretty sweet deal if you ask me. Great prices, great attention to detail, and a nice guy to boot. Still want to pull the trigger on that carved top Pbass, nino.

Alas, no funds.

12. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

While Roger did(in the past) buy a replacement neck from Sadowsky from time to time, his basses and guitars are not built from Warmoth parts. And he doesn't even source replacement necks from them any more, either.

13. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Here, I'll break out the big bucket...
    [​IMG]

14. RichSnyder

Jun 19, 2003
    Columbia, Md
    Sorry if I got anyone's knickers in a knot. Not my intention.

I guess while I'm at it .... I hear that Sadowsky just uses Aguilar OBP-1 preamps and Dimarzio UltraJazz pickups. HeHe.

15. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Nino is a great guy doing some nice work with his project. Keep Rockin Nino :bassist: .

16. RichSnyder

Jun 19, 2003
    Columbia, Md
  17. bwbass

bwbass

May 6, 2002
    WA
    We still do Yamaha stuff fairly regularly. Not sure where the guitars end up.... maybe for the domestic Japanese market. We just did a bunch of BB5 bass necks a while back.

18. How bout a link to that site eh?

19. bwbass

bwbass

May 6, 2002
    WA
    Also for one of the two biggest, and it's not Fender. The unnamed company has asked to remain unnamed, though.