Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Manufactures and Distributors

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tyjacks, Dec 14, 2003.

1. tyjacks

tyjacks Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2002
    Memphis, TN.
    All,
    Do any bass manufacturers and distributors read this message board?

2. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Tyjacks,
    The thing that makes Talkbass so unique and interesting is that we have an extremely diverse community here...everything from beginners in their early teens (or younger) to grizzled veterans who have been playing for decades. There are guys like like JP, Mark Schmill, Carey Nordstrand, Mark Eshenbaugh, and Darrin Huff who are active members of TB that build a very small number of hand-crafted basses each year. You also have guys like Ken Smith, Roger Sadowsky, Bill Conklin, etc. who are are some very big names in the bass world and who are also active supporting members of TB as well...and every other category in between.
    There are also several guys who are dealers and distributors who are active forum members like me...Brian Barrett, Adrian, Gard, etc. Some of us that fit into this category are also active musicians and play in gigging bands, so we participate in a dual capacity...sometimes as knowledge resource and sometimes and private individual. You can pretty much rest assured that every aspect of the bass industry/community is represented here at Talkbass...from amp and cabinet manufacturers, bass builders (large and small), pickup winders, hardware makers, bass dealers, distributors, young players, old players, new players, experienced players, bedroom warriors and tour bus riders!!! :D

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Well said JPJ! Great post! :bassist:

4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Yes. Just do a search and you'll find info on pretty much anything bass guitar.

5. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    (...starts to open mouth to speak, reads JPJ's post...)

....nevermind, JPJ nailed it!

:D

If you have any questions, feel free to ask 'em here, there will certainly be someone that can give you actual help - but be sure not to follow any one person's advice blindly, check several sources, if possible.

If there is ever anything that I can help you with, please feel free to PM or e-mail me. I'm certain that you will be told the same by JPJ, Adrian (Access Bass), Brian Barrett, and numerous other people.

Welcome to TB!

6. JPJ, I have grown to respect you very much, since my short tiem visiting here, great post!

All the basses are covered at TB!

[​IMG]
    Treena

7. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Awl shucks, guys! :D I really appreciate the compliments....just another example of the great community we have here. Hey Treena...where can I get a "blushing" smiley? ;) :D

8. blushing.......1166 Bytes

[​IMG]

9. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    THAT's what I was looking for!!! :D The "Queen of smiles" strikes again!

10. tyjacks

tyjacks Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2002
    Memphis, TN.
    Thanks, for the information....this site is really cool...

11. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    You're welcome! ;)