1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

bass overdrive and wah helped needed

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by zerockersock, Sep 28, 2009.

1. zerockersock

zerockersock

Sep 28, 2009
    hey im looking to buy good wah and distor pedal my inspartion is cliff burton, rob truilo david elefson etc i looking at

disroion pedals
    boss odb-3
    ibanez tubescreamer
    elctro hamic big muff

whas
    morley power wah
    morley wah boost
    jim dunlop bass wah

any advice would be helpfull cheers.:help:

2. Skunk11

Skunk11

Sep 9, 2009
    San Antonio
    I use the Morley dual wah. It's a great pedal. It's the only pedal that I always leave connected in my rig. Other pedals come and go but that one is always there.

I understand that pedal is also used by Bill Dickens (if that matters to you).

3. zerockersock

zerockersock

Sep 28, 2009
    so what kinda of tone you get form the dual wah cus i want somehting u can hear but no so it just wrecks the sound cheers

4. OP, you will likely get more responses if you type somewhat more intelligibly. Reading your posts hurts my brain.

5. Smurf-o-Deth

Smurf-o-Deth ¡No me gustan mis pantalones!

Oct 2, 2007
    The state of denial.
    He could be ESL.

6. I doubt that, as their written english is generally very articulate, aside from some syntax errors. And ESL or not, everybody capable of typing understands capitalization, punctuation, etc., as they're not unique to English.

However, go with the dual bass wah.

7. Smurf-o-Deth

Smurf-o-Deth ¡No me gustan mis pantalones!

Oct 2, 2007
    The state of denial.
    Man, it's hard to type sarcastically.

8. OH.

:oops:

9. Kromwarp

Kromwarp

Sep 16, 2008
    Greater Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Master Luthier: Ironclad Bass Guitars
    for the wah, go with the Morley Dual Bass wah, and a big muff for your drive. If you can, you could also try to dig up an old Morley Power Fuzz wah, or get the Bootsy Collins Snarling Dogs Fuzz Wah.

10. crapusername

crapusername

Sep 26, 2005
    North Kent.UK
    endorsing artist: Dean guitars, Marshall , Rotosound strings
    distortion / drive wise i've had good experiences with the MXR bass DI+, Drive side of the hartke VXL , Ashdown LoMenzo Hyperdrive, boss MD2, bass big muff. All have got me similar sounds to cliff, megadeth player of the week, trujillo (pre metallica and current).

Wah wise, i found th dunlop 105q to be too subtle, no matter how i set the controls, and thought it sounded like a wah with a small w - too polite. my experience of the morley wahs is not huge, but the ones i tried didn't quite get the sounds i was after. However the wah i have been using for nearly five years now, with no real thought of replacing is the Ibanez Weeping Demon. It is the single most adjustable wah i have ever come across. It wahs with a very large capital W. i like it so much i now have two!