1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bass quest ended (pics inside, beware)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by crematia, May 2, 2006.

1. crematia

crematia

Apr 21, 2006
    Hey,
    as I mentioned earlier, I'm a bass newbie who got into a band (actually got another bands tryout next monday :) ) and they "forced" me to play bass. Therefore I was looking for bass and had a lot of options what to get. Main goal was easy to play bass and five strings. Well one half of my quest for bass & amp has ended...
    Behold the Ibanez Sr-505 :D (just let me know if this is too many pics.)
    And yes, those are instructions still attached on what does which knob do :p
    Small ding on the headstock brought the price down 110euros and ~45 euro string set :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Now all I have to do is to learn how to play the damn thing.

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    You just happened to get an excellent first bass! That SR505 should really serve you well. Get to practicing!:bassist:

3. toad

toad

Jun 26, 2002
    NYC
    no joke. I sat with this model at GC and was really pleasantly surprised at how well this thing played. Nice neck profile. Sounded great with lots of useable tones.

4. hey, that's a pretty nice bass you got there! i'm digging the barts :)

5. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Are those the stock pickups? Bartolinis would be a big upgrade over the usual Ibanez pickups.

6. crematia

crematia

Apr 21, 2006
    Yes, those are stock pups on it.

7. Congrats! I started out on an Ibanez, and bought 1 other since. Solid, reliable, very playable bass. Nice choice!

8. crematia

crematia

Apr 21, 2006
    Seems to be very comfortable bass to play (after one hour playing at home :p ) and it sounds really good to me. The Eq give so much tone variations. Now for choosing amp for this one begins :)

9. PMC89

PMC89

May 1, 2006
    New Jersey
    not that ibanez pups are horrible to begin with. as far as korean made, they are top notch mainly.

10. PMC89

PMC89

May 1, 2006
    New Jersey
    same here. served me well. now he needs a new home.

cos i want a dingwall.

11. jeff_bass28

jeff_bass28 Guest

Mar 21, 2006
    Ok, first of all, you can NEVER post too many bass pics out here! :D
    Second; don't you just love "dings"? Maybe I should start bringing a pocket knife when I go bass shopping....;)
    Nah. I'd never bring myself to do it.

12. very cool...love the pickups :)
    you really have a killer bass :)