1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass recording with Apogee Jam shootout

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by yookh4u, Nov 3, 2013.

1. yookh4u

yookh4u

Jul 28, 2010
    Hi everyone in the Talkbass.

I've recently purchased Apogee Jam. I'd really love to listen to some recording samples with clean bass sound (no plugins or effects) before I buy it, but there was no recordings matching my satisfaction. So I made one.

If there's someone out there considering getting this, take this recording as your reference.

Recorded with Fender American Vintage '62 Jazz Bass (or so called '62 Reissue Jazz Bass), Tone knobs wide opened. Only neck pickup with fingerstyle and both pickups on slap.

As said above, no effects added. Clean isolated track.

I've owned 1500$+ audio interface, and also compared it to my buddy's Apogee Duet which is 500$+ but this 99$ gear delivers pretty good conversion. I think.

Only downside I've found on this gear is there's small latency with some apps. Not much but it's still there. Some guys wouldn't mind but I'm pretty picky... ;) I've tested with Garageband, Ampkit, Amplitube and only setup I felt comfortable was Amplitube with 'Ultra Low' Latency.

I liked Ampkit overall but it doesn't have any settings about latency so I should stay with Amplitube for a while. For recording... I dunno. Maybe I should try other DAW apps.

bether likes this.