1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bass rental in Edmonton, AB

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Matt Weiner, May 31, 2016.

1. Matt Weiner

Matt Weiner

Dec 7, 2007
    Seattle, WA
    Looking into renting a bass for a weekend in Edmonton. Any recommendations/ideas?

Thanks so much TB!

***Also, is this the right forum for this? Just let me know and I'll move it. Thanks.

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  2. JLubinsky-Mast

JLubinsky-Mast Supporting Member

May 18, 2007
    Vancouver BC
    Hey man, where are you playing? I don't live there anymore, but, I could try and forward your info to some bassists around town

3. Roland GR 88

Roland GR 88

Sep 16, 2013
    Toronto
    Long & McQuade has 3 locations in Edmonton. They may not have a great selection of uprights but there should be something for you. Prices depend on quality but expect to pay around 35.00 - 50.00 for a weekend.

4. cavemusic

cavemusic

May 9, 2007
    Canada
    I have rented from L&McQ in Edmonton a couple of times. They have some Stentors and some Schoenbachs. I wasn't terribly impressed with any but they might do if you're not fussy. Try several at a couple of different stores. The 107 Ave. location usually has more selection. I rented a Menzel with a Realist pickup from Bella Music for a couple of months. Surprisingly decent - got through a number of gigs with it. I think they have about two for rent but phone first (Jim) to see if they're available. Try phoning www.acousticmusicshop.com (Rod) to see what they have. They sometimes have an Englehardt to rent. I think they may have a Shen or so but I don't know if they rent them.

Edit: I just remembered. I think Bella Music rentals are for a minimum of a month.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  5. Matt Weiner

Matt Weiner

Dec 7, 2007
    Seattle, WA
    Thanks all! This is great! I'm playing a swing dance festival with a great band including Jon-Erik Kellso, Conal Fowkes, Quincey Davis, Brad Shigeta and more! I need to get a loud bass with an adjustable bridge so I can throw my guts on there.

Thanks for your help!

6. Matt Weiner

Matt Weiner

Dec 7, 2007
    Seattle, WA
    Hey, @Roland GR 88 , thanks for helping out. I'm playing at this:

Summer Solstice - Sugar Swing

Anyone with bass rental info can email me at mattjweiner [at] icloud [dot] com

Thanks so much!

7. cavemusic

cavemusic

May 9, 2007
    Canada
    Also, try posting an inquiry on the Edmonton Bassist Collective facebook group. Maybe a player there can help out. I'll be out of town that weekend.

8. Matt Weiner

Matt Weiner

Dec 7, 2007
    Seattle, WA
    Thanks! I'll check it out.