Bass software

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by stephenmunday, Oct 17, 2004.

1. stephenmunday

Oct 17, 2004
    Hi everyone! This is my first post - so be nice to me :)

I live in Japan and have been thinking about starting to learn the bass for a long time. I can borrow a bass to learn on, but I am wondering how to learn as lessons here are expensive and I don't really have the time.

I used to play classical guitar and got up to Grage 8 level (this will make sense to UK readers!) before I stopped 12 years ago. Anyway, I think I might have some "transferable skills".

I was wondering if anyone could recommend some good software I could use at home? I have had a look at the Bass Magic software (see, and it certainly is cheaper than lessons and potentially good. Has anyone had experience with this or any other software?

2. Hi.

I'd suggest trying out

It has online lessons, scales and a lot of other things.

I find it very useful and it doesn't cost anything to visit.
  3. CrazyArcher

Aug 5, 2004
    A very positive experience with guitar pro ;)
    (demo-version can be found on their site, but you'd better download the full one)
  4. mjw

Jun 12, 2001
    Spring, TX USA
    Have a look at "eMedia Bass Method". (you can download a demo) I bought it for my son and it's pretty good. Of course, having a bassist father doesn't hurt either! :D

P.S. I definately agree about Good stuff, and f-r-e-e (my favorite price). ;)