1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass Solo Sheet Music

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by rarbass, Mar 14, 2009.

1. rarbass

rarbass

Jul 3, 2008
    Alright, I don't play double bass, but I think I'll have more luck looking for this in the double bass forums.

I need to do a solo performance, just a short little bass solo, for a class presentation. No specific criteria, just that I need sheet music and it has to be challenging. So, where can I obtain (free) sheet music for a short solo? If not free, then is there any books that you guys can recommend?

Your help would be much appreciated!

2. bottomzone

bottomzone

Oct 21, 2005
    I believe Martin Motnik has a trascription available for his version of the Bach Cello Suite #1:

A Groove is a Terrible Thing to Waste! :cool:

3. PocketGroove82

PocketGroove82

Oct 18, 2006
    Chicago
    I would recommend transcribing a piece that you like and writing out a chart for your class. That way you improve your ear, gain the experience of actually setting up and writing out a piece, and you don't have to solicit or steal copyrighted material on a public internet forum. ;)