1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass Tab Notebook

Discussion in 'Accessories [BG]' started by Mammoth_Bass, May 26, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Mammoth_Bass

Mammoth_Bass Check out my band Mammothor!! Supporting Member

May 2, 2016
    Sandown, NH
    hey everyone, for a long time I’ve been looking for the perfect notebook to keep all my tabs and notes for my bands songs. I’m tired of drawing lines in notebooks or using regular staff paper with 5 lines when I only need 4.

So I finally had a few books made up. There are 50 double sided pages with 4 line staves for tabbing out music for 4 string bass. I have finally found my perfect notebook! I figured I would see if any TBers are interested in purchasing these and I can have a few more made up.

Any feedback is appreciated 5AEB47BD-E4EA-4FF2-9D1A-2F535E2AD715.jpeg D14B097E-35AD-4282-901F-5190DA6BBE0E.jpeg 921C2D64-1317-417F-AF4F-7AC2B352E6C7.jpeg

2. bwildt

bwildt

Mar 21, 2017
    Wichita, Kansas
    Nice idea, but I would go with a loose leaf binder. Nothing is permanent and a LL allows adding and removing pages whenever needed.

3. Mammoth_Bass

May 2, 2016
    Sandown, NH
    Duly noted!

4. barrybass33

barrybass33 Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2008
    westchester new york.
    Very nice...
    Usually I just write out the chords
    For a cheat sheet and then fiqure out the bass line if needed....

5. Mammoth_Bass

May 2, 2016
    Sandown, NH
    Oddly likes this.
  6. ak56

ak56 Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Carnation, Wa
    You were smart. I didn't know they had this until this past weekend when I was in there to find manuscript paper for standard notation.

7. I just use Nashville Number System. Works for me.

8. Mammoth_Bass

May 2, 2016
    Sandown, NH
    I like to have all the songs clearly notated out for the future or in case I ever forget!

Bobby Bass likes this.
  9. sears

sears Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2005
    ec, md
    You might want to leave more space between staves for notes. And, if it's something you will carry with you and refer to again and again, the nasty comb-style Real Book binding lasts the longest.

10. MrBassman17

MrBassman17

Dec 30, 2011
    Brewster, NY
    Here are the supplies you will need : ruler; sharpie (or other similar fine-line marker); blank, unlined copier paper.
    Heres how to do it : Take the paper and ruler, mark along the left side (holding the paper in 'portrait' view) dots spaced evenly apart, about 1/8" (or whatever distance you feel comfortable with); then repeat along the right side. Using the ruler, line up the corresponding dots and draw lines across the sheet. I group them into sets of two with a larger space in-between for writing title, notes like key; tempo, etc. You should be able to get four sets per page. Next, copy this on a copier (or if your computer printer is a copier, as many are these days), as many as you need. And, as the French say : voila! Tab sheet!

11. badRocks

badRocks

Jun 11, 2018
    Longs, SC
    ivorytower likes this.
  12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021