1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bass Talk

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AmorFini1601, Oct 8, 2013.

1. AmorFini1601

AmorFini1601

May 15, 2011
    Hey guys, first post in a while, and I'm looking for some advice.

I've been seriously debating on a new piece of gear and I've recently gotten into the home recording side of things and for a while I was considering getting a guitar to use so my "songs" would have more dynamics. But after picking a few up I just cant get into it as much as I enjoy playing my basses and am thinking about just picking up a new bass instead.

Right now I have a Spector Legend Custom 5 that I really love and I also have a Spector NS-2000-5 that I don't play as much as I should. I'm looking for something that is about mid-range in price but really exceeds in quality (aren't we all?), as much as I would like to drop a grand or more on a MM or a Carvin I just don't think I can swing it right now.

In my search for guitars there are certain older Ibanez models that for the price/year/playability that are wonderful such as the RG550, 565, 570, 770, and some of the early production seven string models. I'm wondering if there is something similar in the bass world, old but wonderful and reasonably priced in the modern era. I like the Ibanez SR505's and 605's, and I've only sparingly looked at the '87 Ibanez SR05, but if there are better options out there, preferably used, I would love to take advantage of them and try something new.

I wouldn't mind trading the NS-2000-5 for something either and if a really wonderful deal came a long I might trade the Legend (or both if it was extreme) I just need to know what models to take a closer look at. I play mostly rock/metal but I do enjoy really ambient and laid back stuff as well four or five string is also fine.

I guess with all of this I'm also asking what you other users prefer to play and are you really satisfied with what you have? I definitely love my Legend but I'm not as happy with NS as I thought I would be even though when I came across it, I got a great deal and it was pretty random. Ideally the next move I make in getting gear I hope its the right choice and I can be as happy with it as I am the Legend.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate you taking the time to read this and any and all feedback would be great!