1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass teacher in New Orleans

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by jimmyhat1978, Nov 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. jimmyhat1978

jimmyhat1978

Apr 8, 2015
    Can any one recommend a good bass instructor/ teacher in New Orleans? I have been playing on and off for a few years and need someone to look at my technique, and teach me some music theory. I picked up the bass later in life, and I basically have gotten to the point where I can play (parrot) most tab, but have no idea why I am playing the notes I am playing or how to improvise or make my own music. I took lessons earlier here in NOLA but the teacher was a guitar player, and just wanted to teach me how to play covers. That is not really what I think I need at this point.

2. nolaguy

nolaguy

Jun 27, 2011
    Tim Aucoin teaches at Loyola University there - he may be willing to take on a new student. Versatile and plays electric and upright basses.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 24, 2021