1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

bass trem bridges: which is the best?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by metallumkvltos, Mar 15, 2008.

1. ok so i'm building a custom bass and decided i want to put in a trem bridge. i've heard of hipshot and wilkinson but i just found out that schaller makes one too. does anyone have any opinions on which is the best. to be honest i don't even know what i'm looking for to tell if it's good or not. also if anyone has any opinion on gotoh or schaller tuning gears please let me know.

2. grace & groove

grace & groove

Nov 30, 2005
    philly
    Self-Appointed Ambassador to the Dragonfly
    There are two other threads with the same topic on the front page in just this subforum. You should go look at those.

And then at the top of every page, you will see a link called "Search" click it and then search for the information. :)

The most popular ones are Hipshot and Kahler. Hipshot is cheaper and has more range but it requires a lot of routing.

Kahler is slightly more expensive, can't go as far as the Hipshot, but it requires only a little more routing where the bridge is because it needs to be able to move back and forth.