Basses Under 700 €

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ally_Joy_Wally, May 27, 2020.

1. Ally_Joy_Wally

Ally_Joy_Wally

Apr 6, 2020
    Can you suggest a bass under 700 € ?
    Which bass would be a perfect shot in this price range ?

2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Lots of great choices these days. I like Sire, but Ibanez, Yamaha, and pretty much every other major brand have entries worth checking out. There is no one "best", you need to try some and figure out what's best for you.

3. Bass V

Bass V

Dec 11, 2008
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    an Ibby Musician can be had for well under that, same with most any Kawai. tons of options.

4. CallMeAl

CallMeAl

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    First bass or an upgrade? Favorite genres, players? Anything you got your eye on now?

Ally_Joy_Wally likes this.
  5. parttime

parttime

Apr 23, 2020
    Dusseldorf
    i can highly recommend the esp ltd f204. when i was researching to buy my own first bass after using friends for a couple years most of the reviews said the ltd guitars are a great value. i cannot be happier with it. amazingly comfortable, well balanced, sounds incredible and is pretty versitile. i set the action pretty low and only occasionally get some buzzing but thats mostly due to my poor technique. iow, i have a lot of room left to grow into this guitar. i love the neck on the thing as its very fast and easy for my smaller hands.

of course if you don't like that body style ltd has more fender like bodies as you probly know, and all the reviews on them was that they are great for the cost, so i assume you would find them nice. but, like others have said there are a lot of choices for entry models. it's almost overwhelming.

6. Ally_Joy_Wally

Ally_Joy_Wally

Apr 6, 2020
    First "personal" bass, I used to play with the my friend's Handmade bass.That was so nice.I am more punk rock,vintage hard rock guy.I always listening motörhead so thats my genre.I am looking for Epi T-Bird classic with Original Gibson Usa pickups.Or I am looking for a bass that has High output and mid growl.Im gonna stick with "0 bass 10 mid 0 treble" setting and gains like Lemmy's

alanloomis1980 likes this.
  7. CallMeAl

CallMeAl

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    Personally I find both Rics and Tbirds terribly uncomfortable to play, so I may not be much help here! :roflmao: Though I do love listening to a good Ric player. :bassist:

A P bass is an obvious alternative with a mid-grind that is great for punk or heavy rock. A PJ is a nice bonus, adding a little extra stank :D

pickup choices aside, I think the Fender Player (Precision or Jaguar) Yamaha BB734, Ibanez TMB 500 and G&L SB2 Would be some great quality basses in your price range.

Wild card- G&L L2000 tribute- very versatile pickup configuration that could definitely give you some great sounds.

good luck!

8. EmuBass

EmuBass

Jan 24, 2018
    Vienna, Austria
    Cort? WW rockbass?

9. Ally_Joy_Wally

Ally_Joy_Wally

Apr 6, 2020
    THANKS :) By the way, i love heavy necks and bodies and i dont know why maybe im not normal lol :D thanks for the reply :)

alanloomis1980 likes this.
  10. Ally_Joy_Wally

Ally_Joy_Wally

Apr 6, 2020
    Neither :O but if i had to choose one i would say Cort :)

11. Ally_Joy_Wally

Ally_Joy_Wally

Apr 6, 2020
    Yeah Esp's looks cool and like you said they're great basses for their price.I'm researching for passive bass that has its own sound & tone character. Höfner violin has its own character but its hollow body i know, that just for an example :) thanks for the reply

12. Ally_Joy_Wally

Ally_Joy_Wally

Apr 6, 2020
    I am trying to make decision between the sire V3 & Yamaha trbx or bb432
    I will easily choose the V3 but i discovered some of sire v3's on the market,consumes battery when its on passive mode. Its very strange for a "Passive guy"