1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Basses with wodden finishes

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ryan06, Sep 24, 2008.

1. ryan06

ryan06

Oct 7, 2007
    Got a new Warwick corvette passive in swamp ash and it sounds so sick.
    But when it comes to playing slap, I pretty much attack the bass, especially with pops. Theres the problem, whenever I pop on this new vette it ends up scratching the life out of the wood underneath the string, so after having it for a week its already got its fair collection of scrathes, but only beneath the strings.
    My technique isn't half bad like, I'm pretty good at slapping and popping, but im thinkin maybe I should try and change the pop so that I only just about clip the string without touching the wood, but that way is incrediably hard to get fast and fluid.

Or am i just being a fruit, **** the scatches its all about how it sounds? I know that, but like it is a bit dampining seeing this enw bass covered in scratches.

Any help?

2. Navybass

Navybass

Mar 12, 2005
    Norfolk, Va.
    If I remember correctly, Warwicks have a wax finish. All you have to do is go to the local hardware store and pick up a can of Staples Crystal Clear Paste Wax or use the wax that came with your Warwick bass, and apply it to the body, let it dry, then buff it. That should take care of the scratches.

As a matter of fact, Warwick recommends that you wax the bass once every month. If you play hard, I'd do it more often

3. ryan06

ryan06

Oct 7, 2007
    Oh see ive only had the bass for 4 days like, so I haven't bothered waxing it.

So this wax fills in the scrathes? Anyone used it?

On the tub they say use it once a week :S

4. Are your nails long?

Cut 'em?

5. ryan06

ryan06

Oct 7, 2007
    Already done that lol.

there no existant now, still scratching.

6. Navybass

Navybass

Mar 12, 2005
    Norfolk, Va.
    I've used it on the Warwicks I used to own. It works well.