1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bassline From Revlon Commercial

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by nlmcguire91, Mar 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. DISCLAIMER: I am an Uber-Spazz.

I was walking through my living room the other day, and a commercial came on for Revlon advertising some kind of eyeliner or some poopie. And the song they used made me stop in my tracks. I literally stopped, turned around, and asked “WHAT... was THAT?!?”

oliver last forever - Google Search Just wait until it’s about a minute in... it’s worth the wait. It’s like if Daft Punk hooked up with Chic.

“Last Forever” by Oliver, an electronic/nu disco duo group... The bassline in this song just grabbed me by the ear and did not let go! Immediately, I began researching who wrote this song. After 20 minutes of thinking “I am such a freaking spazz for doing this...” I found it, and set about trying to learn how to play it. I have no clue if this bassline is played on a bass guitar, or a synth. I honestly don’t care, because it’s singly one of the most energetic and seductive bass lines I’ve ever heard.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018