Bassman 100

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PennyroyalWe, Sep 14, 2018.

1. PennyroyalWe

PennyroyalWe

Sep 2, 2018
    Oregon
    I’m feeling like I missed something along the way here. Since when are Bassman amps actually used by bassists? All my life I’ve always heard the Bassman being regarded as a Holy Grail for guitar and total garbage for actually playing a bass through, much like the music master bass amp. Lately though I’ve seen more and more bassists talking about the Bassman 100, and it’s been used in several newer Reverb demo videos etc. What gives? Has it always been a decent bass amp, or did they make more suited for bass when they re-issued it?

2. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    I have a 70’s Bassman 100. Contrary to popular belief, it functions admirably as a bass amp. AFAIC, its only shortcoming is trying to keep up with loud, loud guitarists.

I have no experience with the current models, but I can’t imagine that @Linnin won’t be too far behind me to tell you everything you need to know and more.

3. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Since 1951! And quite successfully too. Many thousands of records recorded with them and tens of thousands concerts played!

4. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    ^^^Correctamundo!^^^ I had a 1974 (IIRCC) silver faced Bassman 100 with a 2x15 JBL cabinet that positively slayed.