Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Basspalce!!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Funkster, Jun 4, 2004.

1. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Well I'm heading down to the basspalace tomorrow to hang out with Bob for a day trip, If there's anything you guy's want me to play and check out let me know and if there are any PA TB'ers in the area stop in the Palace, I'll be there from around 11-2.
    Basspalace

2. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I used to be assighned to a Monastery in Scranton PA, should be an interesting trip for you. If you get hungry their is a great humburger and hot dog place down in the town their called coney island it is right next to a hobby store in down town scranton.

3. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    The Bass Palace is great. I bought my Jazz from them.
    In fact, it's been some time since I've been down there. Maybe I need to pay a visit soon....

Ps. Try out the 1986 Fodera Monarch! :hyper:

4. dragonbass

dragonbass Commercial User

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    Owner/Builder of LoPrinzi Basses.........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder
    Funkster,

If you get a chance can you check out the Warmoth/fender 4 string that Bob has in stock. I've been debating on whether to pick it up, so your insight would be helpful.

Here's the link to it.....
    http://basspalace.com/dynamic/displaybass/4StringBass/3505

Also......how about the Sadowsky Vintage 5.

Thanks,
    Rob

5. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA

Guy's I will check out both and get back to you on Sun! :hyper:

6. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

play the Laklands

please

if any are there... O

7. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Funkster

you promised to stay in touch ..

don't forget, that promise meant a lot to
    me

Thor

8. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA

Absolutely brutha :cool: I will play all the Lakies, Acually he said he only has about 115 basses in the store so I thinkI'll get to play them all..lol Wife permitting :D
    I'l get in ouch with you all when I get back.

9. stephanie

stephanie

Nov 14, 2000
    Scranton, PA
    Awww I be too late. :(

10. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Bummer stephanie, We woulda loved to hook up a talk-bass, We been conversing on this site for years and it woulda been nice to meetcha. Oh well next time. This trip is becoming a twice a year event.
    We hung out there for 3 hours just playing everything in site. I played the Warmoth/Fender, It really didn't do it for me. That's just my opinion, It looked nice but It didn't have any vibe in my opinion. The Sad 5 was gone, The Roscoe was there but I think it is sold, It played sweet but I didn't get a chance to plug it in. Soooo many basses so little time.
    Every Lakland I picked up was Sweeeeet!..
    Bob and Bernie were graciouse host, I wish I got there a little earlier so we had more time. Bob and Bernardo are stand up guy's that know there basses.. I can't wait to go down there again. Next time I got to round up a few more players to hook up at the Palace.
    Later all.

11. mike sancho

mike sancho SANCH

Feb 10, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    I bought my Smith there and they were great. Wish I lived closer!!

12. MAJOR METAL

What did you think of Scranton ?

13. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Not much to do but I had a good time, Nice people and beautiful country... I go there to visit Bob and hec it's nice to get away for a weekend.. We got trashed drinking Yuengling on tap and went to the comedy club at the Clarion hotel..
    We drank and ate at Avianna's Pizza & Beer.. It was a great time.. We'll be doing it again, I wonder how Zoomboy's head is..lol

14. MAJOR METAL

Yeah i here you, i drank alot yuenling whille i lived their. The clarion is one nice hotel, i went their for a reception for the local bishop they put on a nice party. Did you see coney island Hot Dogs right down the street?

15. I'm okay after a day of rest. No more Yueigling (sp?) or Knob Creek for me. Getting a brand new Basson 210 drop shipped to my house next week. Seriously thumpy cab.

Jeff

16. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA

That was one place I wanted to go!!!! Dam,, We have a Coney Island Hot Dogs in Worcester I wanted to see if they compared...
    Next time..
    Good to see your still amongst the living brutha Jeff,, I had a blast!!

17. Mmmmmm.....coney island hot dogs and choclolate milk....

Yup, had fun. Drank too much and how about those brakes on the van!

18. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    OooooEeeeee, dem dere Brakes worked just fine!!!

I can taste those hotdogs now, I'll take 3 with sauce and a Polar Cola :hyper:

19. MAJOR METAL

Yeah they are preety good their and so are the burgers.

20. stephanie

stephanie

Nov 14, 2000
    Scranton, PA

Alas I read the thread too late...Feel free to PM me the next time you are planning a trip to Bass Palace (I don't always venture over to the Miscellaneous forum). I would love to hook up with some fellow TBers. I've been a member of this site for almost 4 years and have only met one person (*waves to MAJOR METAL :) *) so far.