1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Be afraid be very afraid......

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SamanthaCay, Oct 30, 2010.

1. SamanthaCay

SamanthaCay Like bass guitar OMG!

Nov 16, 2008
    Denver, CO.
    The story I’m about to tell you is a story of great evil and as I hold the deepest of regret, it has now become the story of my life. Also I’m afraid, it may very well soon be the story of my demise. It all started back in June of 2006 I believe it was the 6th of the month. I would guess it started off like just about any other day, coffee in the morning, a breakfast of pancakes with juice and then off to work at the old acme robot factory. When it came time for lunch I decided to go out to a little bistro that I had herd about. I remember it was a beautiful day, the sun was shining and all was well. Well at least until I was on my way back. As that was when I ran into an old friend from college, John Killjoy. John was always a great guy and graduated at the top of our class at the college for robotic science. Yet today he wasn’t looking so good in fact he looked pretty near death. I asked him how he had been and all’s he could say was that he had been working a lot on a new robotic project. So naturally I asked what it was all about only to be told that it was classified and if I where to have anything to do with it I would have to be sworn in. Sworn in? I asked, what like some sort of secret government thing? No he said, it is above all that. To which I replied well what then? To which it all began. He said that I could come with him, that I could be sworn in and that he would pick me up in six days. So we exchanged numbers and went on our separate ways. It was six days six hours and six minuets later. I was walking home from a local s&m party. I was wondering why he hadn’t called and just then a old beat up van swerved in front of me and parked on the side walk the thing nearly killed me. Then my phone rang on the line was a deep and mysterious sounding voice. I didn’t know what to think, was this the call I had been waiting for? Then the guy told me that I needed to buy a new warrantee for my car, darn! It wasn’t him. So then I preceded to walk home only to find when I got there my old friend john and a tall man wearing a white suit. They said it was time and lead me inside my home. Once inside, I found my livingroom to be cold and damp the walls where stone and splattered with what appeared to be human blood, just as I had left it that morning. Then I saw it, it appeared to be some sort of weegee board. But unlike a normal weegee board this one was made of wood. It was quite nice actually. A weegee board I asked, what does that have to do with robotics? To which the man in white with a stark grin replied, oh, ha you’ll see. That was followed by an evil laugh. And my friend telling me to come and sit at the board. We sat there as the man in white spoke, only his words where indiscernible. It seemed as if he was speaking in reverse. Then before any of us could touch the game piece it began to move. It said behold for you are the chosen one, chosen by the gods of lucifer, Rico Suave and Geraldo Rivera. Then after several long excruciatingly painful hours of it talking about the latest celebrity news. It then said that on halloween of 2010 two years before the end that I was to receive my initiation. Then it stopped and the man as well as my friend left with out a word.
    I always felt quite confused about all of it and at the same time wondered what could it possibly be that will come on halloween of this year. Well folks it looks like the time is nearly here. I gotta say I am afraid in fact I’m very afraid and for some reason I have a sneaking suspicion that this is all some how related to the coming of a new bass guitar. Stay tuned to find out if you dare. :eek:

2. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    No picture, no bass!

Paragraph breaks...they're your friends.

3. OPBASSMAN1994

OPBASSMAN1994

Jul 30, 2010
    that was probably the most disturbingly crazy, go-around-your-elbow-to-get-to-your-$%^ , weird, random and pointless story of all time.......WELL DONE!!!! :D

4. John Wentzien

John Wentzien

Jun 25, 2007
    Elberta, AL
    Artist:TC Electronic RH450 bass system (original test-pilot)
    The linoleum is blue.

5. lol.....

6. Evil Undead

Evil Undead

Oct 31, 2009
    Lol, brilliant story. But no idea what that might have to do with a new bass :D

7. SamanthaCay

SamanthaCay Like bass guitar OMG!

Nov 16, 2008
    Denver, CO.
    It would seem that in addition to my intense fear of what is to come. I seem to be excreting my beverage through my nose, god I hope this bass is worth it.

8. John Wentzien

John Wentzien

Jun 25, 2007
    Elberta, AL
    Do not excrete VIA the other end;)

9. I'm afraid to read that gigantic paragraph...anybody got cliff notes?

10. moonshinegtrs

moonshinegtrs Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 28, 2009
    White Bluff,Tn.
    Owner: Moonshine Custom Guitars
    It also appears that the man in white took away your ability to seperate your post into paragraphs. :D

Happy Halloween!

Moonshine :bassist:

11. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    Weegee? You mean Ouija?

12. I've heard of Ouija boards, but never a weegee board before. That would be the tip off for me. :D

Beat me to it, Danomite. :D

13. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    +1, with minor change as noted... ;)

14. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    My momma always said if you don't have anything good to say then don't say anything.

15. pringlw

pringlw

Nov 22, 2008
    Seattle Area
    3+ year wait. Hmmm. Is a new Fodera day coming up?

16. bobba66

bobba66

May 18, 2006
    Arlington, Texas
    Best thing I've read all day. Much better than "The Oxy-Acetylene Handbook" I read in the bathroom.

17. Obe

Obe

May 15, 2005
    Springfield MA area
    Somehow I can't help but subscribing to this thread. I too have had weird things happen when a weegee board is around (not a Ouija board or wedgie board or pedal board though).

18. LowB-ing

LowB-ing

Aug 3, 2005
    Fodera? Sounds more like the Mothman.

The right day to receive it, indeed.

19. John Wentzien

John Wentzien

Jun 25, 2007
    Elberta, AL
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wenge:D Board

20. Stick_Player

Stick_Player Banned

Nov 13, 2009
    Somewhere on the Alaska Panhandle (Juneau)
    Endorser: Plants vs. Zombies Pea Shooters
    Way too long to read.