1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Beavis Audio

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by CliftonBonney, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Are these guys still around? I've e-mailed them two or three times over the last six months with no response. Any idea?

2. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    I was thinking the same thing. I emailed them a while back as well with no response. Also www.beavisaudio.com and the hi-fi sister site haven't been updated a while.

I hope Dano didn't blow anything up.

3. Bump

4. NateS

NateS

Sep 22, 2009
    Richmond, VA, USA
    I feel like I've seen some of his posts on diystompboxes semi-reecently... not sure though. It's been a while since I've been on that as well, so I'm not sure.

Awesome site, i'd hate to see it die.

5. seedokebass

seedokebass

Mar 21, 2009
    Minnesota
    I was trying to remember the name of that site recently... I've been thinking of getting a Beavis Board to putz around with for a while. Anyone here own one?

6. faceinbass

faceinbass

Apr 20, 2008
    KCMO
    He's alive! But I think he is currently working away from his home/shop.
    I would imagine that he doesn't have the time to participate in audio projects and communications until the job is done. I could be wrong.

7. i built my own version of a beavis board. The diagram is on the site. If you're gonna start messing around building pedals and stuff, why not make building the beavis board itself you first project!

8. moose23

moose23

Dec 27, 2007
    Builder Moose23 Electronics
    He (Dano) was on one of the diy sites saying he's really busy on a consulting job in California and can't get online much til he/it's done.

9. Thanks for the information.

10. Yeah, I got one a couple of years ago. It's reasonably pricey for what it is / does, but it comes with a fair stash of parts and the board itself is decent quality.

I was just using a standard breadboard for a couple of years prior and got fed up of having the jacks hanging off it etc. You could easily build the breakout box yourself, but if you're feeling lazy like I was at the time, it's a good thing.

The breadboards on it are fairly small. That would be my only half issue with it.

11. BUMP!

There's a wealth of information that other sites refer back to Beavis Audio, but the website is down so all those other website's links to Beavis' schematics, tips and tricks are for naught.

Has this site been down since this thread was started in Fall 2010?

Anybody know what happened or if Beavis Audio is coming back online?

Specifically looking for a schematic to an effects order switcher.

12. Dark Barn

Dark Barn

Aug 3, 2010
    Seattle
    At some point within the last year the site was up. Someone was selling a FuzzLab on e-bay (I think it was e-bay anyways) and I was scoping out the deets. That might have been in January but my memory is not the best.

13. Wayback Machine last snapped an archival shot on Mar 19. I was sure I'd been to Beavis' website since 2010, but since I am losing my mind perhaps I just imagined this whole ...

I'm just visiting this planet anyway. Stop the world, I want off...

14. Alien8

Alien8

Jan 29, 2014
    Bummer! That was a great site! I used it recently for my RAT build, glad I downloaded the schematic.

@Feral Feline, did you find what you need? I might have a schematic around, but if not, I did wire one up that I can trace for you.

15. nshuman

nshuman Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    ccp
    I went on that site often, and I was there two weeks ago tops. At least, the ay back machine should have it archived for a LONG time.

16. @Alien8 :: Indeed I did find what I was looking for!

For anyone stumbling into this thread searching for Beavis Audio stuff... I've been visiting the Wayback Machine's archive and downloading diagrams and making PDFs of all the stuff that's relevant to me. I think I last visited the Beavis Audio site itself maybe a month ago; After trolling through the archives I found some specific stuff that I know I looked at quite recently.

LOADS of good info from Beavis Audio, archived or otherwise.