1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Beginner's Amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kibbles0515, Oct 4, 2010.

1. kibbles0515

kibbles0515

Sep 9, 2010
    I'm new to bass...ok, actually, I don't even own one yet...but I'm shopping around! Anywhos, I need a decent, affordable amp. Has anyone had an incredible beginner's amp that was totally cheap, or am I gonna have to put down alot of cash for a quality amp?

2. I use a Zoom B2 effects pedal for practise and rehearsal. Practice with headphones and for rehearsal i plug it into the mixer. It works out very good, despite being budget-gear. At gigs i use it as an effects pedal into my Nemesis RS400 amp.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Any bass amp that works, is a good beginners amp. Just buy what you can afford, and don't worry about tone or volume. That comes later, AFTER you learn to play.

4. suddenlysane

suddenlysane Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2010
    I have been pretty fond of my Hartke B300 combo. It is 30 watts with a 10" bass driver. I think they sell for about 169ish. Hartke also makes a B150 with a 6.5" driver and 15 watts for less than a hundred bucks.

I just picked up bass myself and started with an Ibanez SR300 and the Hartke B300 combo amp. I have no complaints about either. Great starter gear IMHO.